Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limp mode-check engine light 1800rpm max

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:06 PM
1mg2hd
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue on 2011 103 Road Glide

Originally Posted by SKYCLIMBER
WE STOPPED AT A RED LIGHT TONIGHT. WHEN IT CHANGED TO GREEN TWISTED THE THROTTLE AND NOTHING THERE. AFTER TWISTING THE THROTTLE ALL THE WAY WE COULD ONLY GO 30 MPH MAX OR 1800 RPM MAX AND IT TOOK AWHILE TO GET EVEN THAT. THE ENGINE LIGHT WAS ON. GOT HOME AND WHEN I RESTARTED 5 MINUTES LATER IT WAS BACK TO NORMAL. I WOULD LIKE TO FIX WHATEVER IT WAS. ANY IDEAS? I DO HAVE 20K ON IT NOW AND THE TRIP RESET QUIT WORKING ABOUT 2K AGO. I HAVE TO PUNCH IT NUMEROUS TIMES TO CHANGE IT.
The happenened to me 1 time with 300 miles on the bike. Like yours started ok after shutting off 1 mile later at home. The 1K check didn't show any codes, I had actually forgotten about it at the time. It reoccured 8-10 tims last Saturday with 1300 miles on the bike. Had to pull the main fuse each time to reset whatever so it would run normal until it happened again. Can't get in to the dealer for a look until next Monday. Let me know what you find out. 1mg2hd

Old 09-09-2010, 09:44 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buying a Goldwing will fix the problem. That's what I had to do as a reliable back up bike. My 08 Ultra SE3 just sits in the garage because it has had so many problems, don't feel comfortable taking it on a long trip. Just get on the Goldwing and ride, no problems!!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer

Never did get a good answer from the dealer. They kept it for a week trying to duplicate the problem. It never happened again and I have a new bike now.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:00 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer

Buying a gold thing cant fix a lose nut behind the wheel of a troll.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SKYCLIMBER
Buying a gold thing cant fix a lose nut behind the wheel of a troll.
Very well stated!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:15 PM
scarygt
Road Master

My 2010 Limited did this at 14k yesterday. Had them tow it to the dealer. They said that my MAF Sensor harness was bad... something about crimped wires. They have the part on order and should have it fixed early next week.

My engine lite was on and the thing wouldn't go past 1800 and it ran like ****.. wanted to die. When they got it to the shop it was running fine, but it did have trouble codes. I think they just stumbled on the MAF problem, but that is what they said is wrong with the bike.

Good luck, Ralph

Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Gold Wing? - So you don't know about the three model years with bad welds in the frame that had to be recalled. Or the bank angle sensor that were bad and shut the motor off while you were going 75 on the interstate?

Apparently you don't do homework when you make a big purchase.

All manufactured products come up with faults. From a Rolls Royce to Fung You.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Gold Wing? - So you don't know about the three model years with bad welds in the frame that had to be recalled. Or the bank angle sensor that were bad and shut the motor off while you were going 75 on the interstate?

Apparently you don't do homework when you make a big purchase.

All manufactured products come up with faults. From a Rolls Royce to Fung You.
A+!!! I like your style! I respect GW's (although they're not for me), but this is a Harley forum and I'm not going to sit here and badmouth Harleys because I own/love them!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 AM
TOMMY1
Novice

My 2009 FLHTC did this also. 3 times. The dealer replaced the pins in the connector but that didn't work. I never made it home before it messed up. They then installed an induction kit what ever that is. I have ridden about 500 miles since that and have had no more trouble so far.

Tommy1
2009 FLHTC
1998 XLC

Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
ltcracing
5th Gear

my 2010 street glide did that and the dealer replaced the ecm and super tuner.that didnt fix it. after they towed it back for a second time they found it to be the throttle position harness and replaced that and had no problems since.

Quick Reply: Limp mode-check engine light 1800rpm max