Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Comments on the new Hammock Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
wkenddad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Comments on the new Hammock Seat?

Is it worth the $500.
Do you think it will last?
My car seat has a similar set up, they stretched a piece of nylon below the seat and eventuall it ripped causing my but to sink inot the seat a bit too far.

Anyone pulled the trigger?
Let me know what you think.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine off of e-bay for 400.00. So far I really like it and so does the wife. I only have about 1,000 miles on it so only time will tell how long it will hold up. I really like the way it rides. Normaly feel all the bumps but not with this seat. Is it worth 400 to 500? only to the person willing to pay it. Ride safe.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:08 AM
bosco 09
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 09 FLHTC with stock seat and the HD adjustable backrest i couldn't get comfortable on it because the backrest pushes you forward out of the widest part of the seat. i took the backrest off and the seat was better but still felt like it wasn't wide enough for real comfort.
i don't think more foam/padding is the key to a good seat, anyone can stuff more material in, i feel the first place to start is width. the stock seat is appox. 16" wide at the widest spot the Hammock seat is 17.5" just enough so you have the support at the edges of the seat where it's really needed. the Hammock seat does not have the deep bucket like a stock seat it's flatter like a solo/tractor seat would be. the stock HD adjustable back rest works but since the seat is not as high in the back you see appox. 3" of the backrest bracket and the mechanism below it shows in the seat were it's split to install the backrest, i didn't like that part. i am in the process of fixing that issue but thats another thread.
i've only put about 400 mi. on it and so far i like my purchase. the seat has very good support but a cushy feel to it that i prefer plus the seat is formed well for riding. since the bucket part is not as deep it feels strange at first but that goes away quickly. the seat sits maybe 1/2" higher but at 6-2 220 34 inseam it's not an issue in fact it's easier to see over my 8" LRS windshield.
it looks and feels well made like every other HD part i've ever bought. is it expensive? thats your call but to me the added comfort was worth the cost and it is more comfortable. your results may vary.

http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/0910_...est/index.html