Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09' Streeglide Leaning ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
My Fix
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 09' Streeglide Leaning ?

Ok guys , I know yall gonna say I ain't never heard of that before ? I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem on the 09' frame ! My streeglide leanz on the left side ? No matter what road or what road angle the bike always leanz on the horn side ! Has anyone else had this problem ! I'm a lttle **** but when my buddy's are picking @ me because of it , it's obviously noticable ! I had another buddy ride it while I followed behind in my truck , and it definitly does lean slightly ! If you look at the back tire you can tell the ware pattern on the tire is off center alittle bit ! I catch myself hanging my azz of the right side of the seat too correct it ! I already put all my stuff in the right bag to help it from leaning . I took to the local harley shop they said tire pressures were off , and air shock pressures was diffrent from side to the other side ! Like I said I'm **** , so I know those two things were BS ! I also swapped one shock from one side to the other , and it did not change anything ! Just wondering if I'm the only lucky one with this delima ! Thanks for any suggestions or comments .

Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,856 Likes on 1,602 Posts

My 09 Ultra does the same. That and the handlebars AND fairing are turned to the right going straight down the road. On any surface...

I hope you figure it out. I've been to the dealer 100 times. No fixy...

lp

Old 09-13-2009, 02:32 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why wouldn't you take an 09 to the dealer and have them fix it?

Old 09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Dannl
Cruiser

Sounds like a Democrat!! I would trade it in for an Ultra...they are all right leaning

Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM
My Fix
Cruiser
Question 09' streeglide !

I guess he did'nt see the part where I said I took it to the local harley shop ! They said it's ok not leaning , just some air pressures off ! I guess I'll have a 09' streeglide for sale in a few days ! Don't know what else to do !

Old 09-13-2009, 05:04 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This had been discussed about a million times on here about how the primary being on the left side makes the bike lean and track to the left.. Im calling B/S .. I can take my hands off the bars of my 06 and it runs straight as an arrow with a little weight shifting but no noticeable track or lean to the left ? I gotta add also it did this before the big crash and its still fine.. Now you would think after hi siding on the highway pegs about 4 times right to left left to right you get it and 11k damage it could lean or pull but it doesnt..

Old 09-13-2009, 05:23 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,856 Likes on 1,602 Posts

I hear you about the primary and all. It's B/S. That and putting all your junk in one bag. Thats doesn't work either. I believe the fairing and handlebars not being straight having something to do with my problem. I think since the bars are not straight I kinda pull back on the uneven bars and put the bike into a counter steer or something. Who knows. I too can take my hands off the bars at speed and the bike goes straight. At least it does that well. Perfectly balanced I would say.

Basically I have put the straight edge on the wheels and measured and everything is aligned within spec anyway. Nothing glaring. In the "olden days" I would just do an engine to frame alignment and pull the rear a little to whatever side the handlebars and fairing were going in. This would correct the crooked fairing. BUT you cannot do that on the 09 touring bikes. No frame alignment to adjust!

So anyway, I have adjusted the fairing the handle bar bushings, the forks, the triple trees, the lower fairing, the axle etc etc and have had the bike up to HD numerious times. Still no fix. Now I just ignore it... love the bike but next time I buy new...I'll be looking for this before I take delivery!

lp

Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My Fix
I guess he did'nt see the part where I said I took it to the local harley shop ! They said it's ok not leaning , just some air pressures off ! I guess I'll have a 09' streeglide for sale in a few days ! Don't know what else to do !
Go to a different dealer.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok one other thing.. How much money in your wallet? carry it on the left along with your change and a big pocket knife in your left front pocket..? .. Just kidding .. Let us know if you come up with anything.. I had the throttle lock on yesterday with the wife on the back doing no hands for a while .. No lean at all even with her on the back ?

Old 09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

see if moving the bricks from the left saddle bag to the right helps ya out!

Quick Reply: 09' Streeglide Leaning ?