Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE A/C with or without the stage 1 download?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:44 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SE A/C with or without the stage 1 download?

I am new to the fuel injected world...if I have my dealer install a SE A/C on my bike, do they automatically include the download, or is that a seperate deal? What is the cost? Will it run like crap without the download?

Thanks...

Old 09-11-2009, 03:57 AM
deltasnook
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would throw a set of your favorite silp ons in with the SE/AC and get the download or do the Fuel Moto route. Without the download of some sort, your bike will run so lean and hot that you'll be able to cook road kill as you ride by it, not to mention your engine.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:20 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Much like everything else HD does, it is a separate deal. I agree with deltasnook, pick some slip-ons and go to fuelmoto for a PCV.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

If you go just the AC the bike will run way too lean. As stated go PCV or download for adjustment in the air/fuel mixture where on a carb you would just rejet it.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes if you change the air flow you will need some type of fuel management system. There are lots of them out there and it depends on what you want to do to the bike now/later as to which one is probably the best. I went with a new exhaust system, high flow A/C and the V/H fuel pack and it works great for me. I'm not going to be changing anything in the motor so this works for me.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

I would add a separate fuel control then change the A/C and slipons if you like. Don't pay for the download.

I only did the A/C and download when I got my bike (before I found these forums to do research) knowing I was going to do some research before I got my slipons and also PCIII.

The Bike still Ran Hotter than heck so this got fixed when I added the PCIII last year. I feel like I wasted the money on the Download. I think it cost around $100 or so, which is almost 1/2 of a Powercommander or Fuelpak, and it does no good once you add the fuel control anyway.

Don't run just an A/C without adjusting the fuel by some means as previous posters have said your bike will be way to lean without some sort of compensation.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM
88racing
Road Captain

Get a after market fuel management system. One that is user friendly and has a lot of maps available. So if you want to change anything else down the road on the bike it will be easier.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I would add a separate fuel control then change the A/C and slipons if you like. Don't pay for the download.

I only did the A/C and download when I got my bike (before I found these forums to do research) knowing I was going to do some research before I got my slipons and also PCIII.

The Bike still Ran Hotter than heck so this got fixed when I added the PCIII last year. I feel like I wasted the money on the Download. I think it cost around $100 or so, which is almost 1/2 of a Powercommander or Fuelpak, and it does no good once you add the fuel control anyway.

Don't run just an A/C without adjusting the fuel by some means as previous posters have said your bike will be way to lean without some sort of compensation.
+1...about the same for me... invest in the Fuel Managment system allows you to make changes in the future...