Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help with Stage 1 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:14 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up Best Ansers

Originally Posted by jjkrueg
I would get a hold of Fuel Moto and just order a PCV from them with their custom tune. I ordered a set of Monster Ovals, stage I air cleaner and the PCV from them a few weeks ago for my 09 Ultra. I couldn't be happier and it was a very easy install. Not to mention the price couldn't be beat.
Originally Posted by cbears
Call Jamie at Fuel Moto and get yourself a pre-loaded PCV.
Theres your Best Answers...

Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brother added an air cleaner and Thunderheader slip ons and got the Stage I download. It runs okay, but he pings and pops from time to time. OTH, I have MO slip-ons and the SE Heavy Breather and I used the Fuel Pak and it works well, though I feel the engine runs a little hot. Hope this helps...

Old 09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I added a K & N filter & a PC-III. Later I added a Supertrapp 2-1 exhaust. I changed the map to work with the exhaust. On a trip to Arizona the bike started running badly. The dealer I took it to told me it was probably the PC-III, & that I needed to buy a SERT. I passed, but the performance got so bad that I eventually disconnected the PC-III. I ran the bike about 3000 miles without the PC-III. Eventually I found out that the ECM was defective & Harley replaced it under warranty. I've since re-installed the PC-III & the bike is running just fine.

Bottom line, just a K&N filter & exhaust change & you *can* run without any changes to gas/air. A Power Commander is a much less expensive way to make changes & will adapt to any mods you make.

*EVERY* dealer that's found out that I have a Power Commander has some ridiculous story about why it's bad for the bike & why I "need" SERT. It's some of the most pathetic sales crap I've ever heard.............

Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 PM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuel Moto all the way. PCV

Old 09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Stage one down load only, No issues, Save your money.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 PM
sritchey53
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the great input, guys. The service manager I spoke with said HD is seeing alot of problems associated with the PC units, so I think I'll go with my plan and use the V&H Fuel Pack.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

its funny how the dealers will see a pc and without even a check they know its the pc ?take off the pc go to a different dealer and wouldnt ya know it they found a bad sensor.put pc back on and life is good.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM
flashprez
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I added the SE pipes, Arlen Ness Big sucker, and the download on my '08 Ultra and it runs great, cooler, & quieter. I do not thing you need a sert or PC 5 if you do not go to the 103 pistons & cylinders with a cams change. I did all that on my '07 Ultra, and it ran great with the PC 3. I finished with 84 hp & 102 tq. My '08 Ultra without the 103 kit has 72 hp & 83 tq. I got 35 mpg on the '07 & I get 55 mpg on the '08. I recon now the choice is yours

Old 09-10-2009, 08:17 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Only reason most Stealers give Power Commanders a Bad rep is they don't know how to tune them plus can take your PC off and reuse it on another Bike ... Will stick to what I said ..

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 PM
sniperduce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fuelpak was an easy install, simple to setup for my 08 Ultra and works great for me.

Quick Reply: I need help with Stage 1 upgrade