Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Mufflers vs. Screamin' Eagle Slipons

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
smithr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Mufflers vs. Screamin' Eagle Slipons

I just purchased a 2010 Electra Glide Limited. When I checked them out at the dealer, the Screamin' Eagle mufflers a guy just put on his EG Limited didn't sound a whole lot louder than stock and did not have to do a download or change air filter assembly. Is this the best thing to do? After all, almost $400.00 bucks for a set of mufflers is steep if it doesn't do much. Anybody happy with those or is something else available for the '10 baggers? Thanks for your help. (Finally moved up to a Granny Glide). :-)

Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
brocksgarage
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 2010 Street Glide, I'm waiting for an answer to that question myself

Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Just depends on what type of sound you want. I was running SE's on my other bike and was happy with them, they'll get a little deeper when they get burned in.

The following users liked this post:
Chad1200 (01-07-2022)
Old 09-09-2009, 07:50 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Screamin Eagle Street Performance slip-ons on my 08 RG. I am VERY happy with them. I have had other slip-ons before but these are my favorite. As you know the sound of a exhaust is all about what the owner likes. I think these are perfect for me. I can hear them when I want to but never sound like a jackhammer and never take away from my stereo. They aren't a lot louder than stock but they do have a deaper tone for that "just right" Harley sound. A lot of dealers give 20% off retail so you should be able to find them well under the $400 mark. IMO these are the perfect pipes
for a tour bike.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy your new ride!

T

Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I gained a whopping 3 HP replacing the stock muffs with SEs. I like the looks better, and I think the sound is a bit deeper, but honestly, it's not much different than stock. I wasn't looking for loud pipes at any rate.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess it all depends on what sound you like. I love mine. Sound great after 4-5000 miles.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
3dynaP
Road Captain

I have an 08 Ultra, just added the SE air kit, SE street performance slip ons, and the stage 1 for this combo and I am very happy with the improvement and sound. They are only a little louder than stock until you get on it. That is when they get more volume.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

If you are looking for a little better performance with out getting your ears blasted you will like them.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
rodeking
Tourer
Smile

My SE performance/touring 4 inch cans have gained a little volume after a few thousand miles. They have a good tone and I hear only a steady rumble at cruise. A little bark at WOT. They do not bother the stereo which I rarely turn on.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Any HD muffler is going to be EPA compliant. That is why they aren’t much louder than stock. (not obnoxiously loud, like some aftermarket pipes).
The sound will be different, just not much louder.

I'm too old for loud pipes. I don't want "ringing ears" when I get home either.

Quick Reply: Stock Mufflers vs. Screamin' Eagle Slipons