Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M 7.25" Speaker Install Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:28 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

vinnieee,

We are down to 1 set as of this second, but we have more coming in from J&M which should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Just let us know when you need a set and we will get it right out the door!

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The new J & M speakers (fronts and rears) were delivered on Sat afternoon, installed this morning followed by a test ride this afternoon. They perform as I thought they would based on the reviews. They basically blow the stock system away. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Super easy install. Great packaging and instructions. No need for an amp. MHO.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:06 AM
scatpac1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
The new J & M speakers (fronts and rears) were delivered on Sat afternoon, installed this morning followed by a test ride this afternoon. They perform as I thought they would based on the reviews. They basically blow the stock system away. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Super easy install. Great packaging and instructions. No need for an amp. MHO.
Thank you for the Info Clint55, I like you ordered the set of four for my Ultra, based on all the positive reviews here, so they do blow the stock away? cant wait I will recieve them Tuesday. again thx for the write up.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by scatpac1
Thank you for the Info Clint55, I like you ordered the set of four for my Ultra, based on all the positive reviews here, so they do blow the stock away? cant wait I will recieve them Tuesday. again thx for the write up.
Yes it is a HUGE improvement. But I still think it's important for eveyone to understand that this is still just a $349 four speaker modification that instantly makes the crappy stock system a WHOLE lot better.

Like I said before, some people want that audiophile perfection and will spend thousands on amps, speakers, woofers, tweeters and flux capacitors so they can generate 80,000 jigawatts for their Johnson Rod extentions. This upgrade is not that. It is however, IMHO, a serious improvement at a fair price and the install is so easy a caveman could do it.

If you have never had your outer fairing off before, I'd suggest going to the Biketronics Sticky at the top of the touring forum and go through the pictorial fairing removal instructions. Last but not least, make sure to protect surfaces for fairing removal, like socks on the passing lamps, towel on the front fender, etc. Good Luck!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
scatpac1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Clint55
Yes it is a HUGE improvement. But I still think it's important for eveyone to understand that this is still just a $349 four speaker modification that instantly makes the crappy stock system a WHOLE lot better.

Like I said before, some people want that audiophile perfection and will spend thousands on amps, speakers, woofers, tweeters and flux capacitors so they can generate 80,000 jigawatts for their Johnson Rod extentions. This upgrade is not that. It is however, IMHO, a serious improvement at a fair price and the install is so easy a caveman could do it.

If you have never had your outer fairing off before, I'd suggest going to the Biketronics Sticky at the top of the touring forum and go through the pictorial fairing removal instructions. Last but not least, make sure to protect surfaces for fairing removal, like socks on the passing lamps, towel on the front fender, etc. Good Luck!

Hey Clint55, did you use the J&M grilles, or did you manage to use the original ones, if so how did you do it..? thx in advance..

Old 10-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior

Hey Clint55, did you use the J&M grilles, or did you manage to use the original ones, if so how did you do it..? thx in advance..
\

Used the J & M Grills. Thought about using the stock grill but decided I liked the J & M look better. From what I see, the only way to use the stock screens would be to simply place them on top of JM grill / adapter assembly before installing onto the fairing.

If you go back to Post No. 60 on this thread you can get some better info from Janusc. Good Luck

Old 10-14-2009, 06:46 AM
scatpac1
Cruiser

Well, got my speakers installed last night, easy install as all have stated, the sound is much more clear than stock, by far a great improvement. Still have not given it the road test but wiil keep you posted.. but I am pleased with the purchase. Now thinking about an amp? Thx to Shawn for his customer service/ and help. By the way Shawn whats out there for amps for these things? hog tunes, j/m etc/....

Old 10-14-2009, 09:32 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Well, got my speakers installed last night, easy install as all have stated, the sound is much more clear than stock, by far a great improvement. Still have not given it the road test but wiil keep you posted.. but I am pleased with the purchase. Now thinking about an amp? Thx to Shawn for his customer service/ and help. By the way Shawn whats out there for amps for these things? hog tunes, j/m etc/....
Thank you very much for the compliments. It means a lot!

John over at J&M said that they are releasing an amp specifically for the new speakers in the first quarter of 2010. My advice to everyone is to wait because most of the amps out there are not compatible with 2 ohm speakers or have too much power and will damage and/or blow out the speakers.

In the meantime until J&M releases they own amp, enjoy your speakers. We are not that far away from the first quarter of 2010.

Dr. V-Twin carries the entire J&M line of products and we will be stocking their new amp as soon as it is released. Stay tuned...

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
willr612
Novice

Have to give great props to Shawn over at Dr. V-Twin. Exceptional customer service and a great guy to chat with. I just ordered my JM 7 1/4" speakers for my 2010 FLHX. Can't wait to get them in and rolling down the road!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:12 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by willr612
Have to give great props to Shawn over at Dr. V-Twin. Exceptional customer service and a great guy to chat with. I just ordered my JM 7 1/4" speakers for my 2010 FLHX. Can't wait to get them in and rolling down the road!
Thank you very much sir! Your speakers are going out today via FEDEX Ground. You should have the tracking info sitting in your email's inbox.

Let us know if there is anything else we can ever do for you!

Thanks again!

Shawn