Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M 7.25" Speaker Install Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jasnusc
I I "really hate" the look of the JM grille so I transfered the mesh that covered the original speaker over to the new ones so they still look stock.
Hey Jasnusc, Can you post some pic's of your completed install with the stock mesh? It looks like it might be difficult to hide the profile of the J & M's. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Hey Jasnusc, Can you post some pic's of your completed install with the stock mesh? It looks like it might be difficult to hide the profile of the J & M's. Thanks.
Curious to see that myself! Please post pics!

Shawn

Old 10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
I took 3 of them for you. You really cant see anything at all in the photos. You really cant see anything in person either actually. If you rub your hands across them you can feel the 2 high spots in the grille.

It might be dulling the high sounds from the tweeter but like I said I HATED the look of the grilles so I came up with the idea of keeping the stock covers.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Shawn....???

I just noticed in your install pictures that you used that little tab with the 3 screws on the bottom outside hole of the speaker. In the instructions it said to use that with the new style fender brace but in the photo it looks like you have the old style like I do.

I didnt use that tab did I do something wrong?

The directions show the "old style" having the open end on the fairing support bracket and the "new style" having a closed end. The photo looks like you have the open end like I do?

Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Shawn....???

I just noticed in your install pictures that you used that little tab with the 3 screws on the bottom outside hole of the speaker. In the instructions it said to use that with the new style fender brace but in the photo it looks like you have the old style like I do.

I didnt use that tab did I do something wrong?

The directions show the "old style" having the open end on the fairing support bracket and the "new style" having a closed end. The photo looks like you have the open end like I do?
jasnusc,

I will look into this and get with Al on this and get back to you as he was the one that did the install.

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 10-07-2009, 11:40 PM
jasnusc
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
jasnusc,

I will look into this and get with Al on this and get back to you as he was the one that did the install.

Thanks!

Shawn
I pulled my cover off to double check and took a photo. You can see that I didnt use the little tab that comes with the kit but like I said I think I have the early style bracket shown in the directions that doesnt show using it.

Appreciate you double checking it for me.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I pulled my cover off to double check and took a photo. You can see that I didnt use the little tab that comes with the kit but like I said I think I have the early style bracket shown in the directions that doesnt show using it.

Appreciate you double checking it for me.

That may have been what happened in our situation, but I will check with Al to make 100,000% sure. The bike pictured in our install thread was manufactured in August or September of 2008, so that may very well explain it.

It was really nice meeting you today in person and speaking with you by the way.

Shawn

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 10-07-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I took 3 of them for you. You really cant see anything at all in the photos. You really cant see anything in person either actually. If you rub your hands across them you can feel the 2 high spots in the grille.

It might be dulling the high sounds from the tweeter but like I said I HATED the look of the grilles so I came up with the idea of keeping the stock covers.

Hey Jasnusc, Thanks for the pics. Nice to know there is a good option if I don't like the look of the new grills.

BTW, anyone that is considering these SPEAKERS should really take a look at this write-up by forum member JOHNSCRIPT.

http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...25speakers.php

Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 AM
scatpac1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Allright, Sold,,, ordered mine from shawn yesterday, swell guy, cant wait to put them in, ordered set of four by the way...

Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 AM
vinnieee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I'm going to have to raid my savings and order a set Monday.

Quick Reply: J&M 7.25" Speaker Install Pics...