Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding rear speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/4 life crisis
Thank you for all your replies. I'll save myself the troubles and money by sticking to what I have, at least for now. Can't add HogPod as my fairing mount GPS is in the way. Can't add lower fairing speakers either as I'm using Hog Chopps.

Not unhappy with the sound I have now, just want to see if I can get more by simply adding rear speakers. Actually I'm pleasantly surprised by the sound I got wearing 3/4 and sometimes full face helmet @ highway speed.

I get bored easily and having tunes while riding prevent me from "spacing out". Before I ride the StreetGlide, I had a 2007 Sportster 1200, and had to sing to myself often on long trips. It resonate quite well within a full face helmet
For your future reference, the Hog Pod will make the biggest difference in what you can hear and relocating the dash mounted GPS to the handlebars will be more cost effective and less hassle than speakers on the tour pak IMO.

I have the Hog Pod and HT's fairing lower speaker kit, and the pod makes far more difference.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:28 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the tweeter pods are the bomb! I would go that route and lose the GPS, or relocate it!

I think you will be far happier with the tweeter pods!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
For your future reference, the Hog Pod will make the biggest difference in what you can hear and relocating the dash mounted GPS to the handlebars will be more cost effective and less hassle than speakers on the tour pak IMO.

I have the Hog Pod and HT's fairing lower speaker kit, and the pod makes far more difference.

Thank you very much for the info. I got my GPS mounted on the fairing before Hog Pod came out. It was handle-bar mounted, but it's blocking half the fairing speaker, so I decided to mount it on the fairing corner, drilled three 1/8 holes into the fairing for the mount, it will look like hell if I relocate it.

Local dealer carries the Pods, tried to fit it, no go. I can always just surface mount tweeters only next to the GPS, what's another couple of holes? Would not look as integrated as the pods, but maybe help the sound.

Back in my car stereo days, adding tweeters on door pillars didn't do much, other than to "raise" the front stage image. That's in a car with windows rolled up, don't know on a bike would even do much at all. Looking at the Pods, it's just tweeters with a cross-over in a plastic casing. From what I know, tweeters do not need an enclosure to make them sound good. Oh well, maybe a good winter project.....

Sorry about the long post. Ride safe!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rerb95
the tweeter pods are the bomb! I would go that route and lose the GPS, or relocate it!

I think you will be far happier with the tweeter pods!
And I thank you for your suggestion too. See above post.