Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCB Brake system

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok folks, here's my experience with TCB:

Have the red one installed on my rear brake @ the caliper about 2k miles ago. First impression is, "Damn, I have to push on the rear brake quite a bit harder to slow down the bike!" But I gotten use to it.

I never ride or have to brake hard enough to lock up either wheels but my reasoning is if a situation arise that I have to slam on the brakes, and if either lock up, in that split moment of panic I might not know if it is the front OR rear that's locked. I might release it (them) and reapply, and we all know that's bad scene if it is the rear that locks up. Therefore by using the TCB, kinda not easily locking up the rear is a good thing.

Now the down side, as I mentioned I feel like I have to push harder on the rear since the installation might lead to developing a bad habit. If I ride another bike, I might lock up the rear sooner in hard braking since I gotten to push harder on mine with the TCB.

Now I know we all talk about practicing, but ask ourself honestly how many times we practice hard braking PER RIDE? Two, maybe three per ride? Is it enough for our brain and reflex to remember to react accordingly? I seriously doubt it. I practice fast stops 2 -3 times a week (not per ride) and I'm still not comfy and probably still panic when the s**t hit the fan.

That being said, my next bike will definitely have ABS, the old saying, "It's better to have and not need....." and you know the rest.

Sorry for the long post, but I do want all my friends out there to have as many opinion as possible to make an intelligence choice. Of course this is just my personal opinion and experience, Your Mileage Will Vary.

Ride safe.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Kind of funny that this thread would end for two months and then start up again. If you do a search on the site you'll find a thread that lasted a lot longer if my memory is right. We had a member that bought them and tested them and felt at one point that just by practicing a lot gave him a much better feel for his brakes. But then all fell silent and we couldn't get any more response from him. Now this thread, CBears buys them, says he'll review them and decides he doesn't want them after receiving them. 3/4 lc gave a good review finally but it'd sure be nice to hear from the original guys that seemed so excited about them to begin with.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:28 AM
TCBBrakeSystems
Stage II
Default TCB Brake System

The best way to find out how good the TCB Brake System works is to try them for you. We offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee including shipping to you and shipping back. We can offer this No Risk Trial because the TCB braking upgrade works as good reviews say it does.

Just go to www.TCBBrakeSystems.com

Jim
TCB Brake Systems
www.TCBBrakeSystems.com

Originally Posted by myred55
Anyone have one installed on their bike and would like to comment on it? Looks like it might work?
http://www.hdopenroad.com/reviews/tc...em-cost-value/

Old 08-19-2014, 08:29 AM
TCBBrakeSystems
Stage II
Default TCB Motorcycle Brakes Upgrade

The best way to find out how good the TCB Brake System works is to try them for you. We offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee including shipping to you and shipping back. We can offer this No Risk Trial because the TCB braking upgrade works as good reviews say it does.

Just go to www.TCBBrakeSystems.com

Jim
TCB Brake Systems
www.TCBBrakeSystems.com

Originally Posted by SixSixRider
I asked this very same question last month - got
2 replies and neither had experience with it. I hadn't seen this article....more of an ad, but if accurate, seems like there may be something to them. I'd REALLY like to hear from an unbiased person who's tried them.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:17 AM
SamSchlebit
4th Gear
Default T.C.B. Braking Systems

I was skeptical about how and if the TCB braking system really worked, but after almost hitting a truck I decided to try them on my Sporty since I could return them and I love them.

Maria Schlebit

Old 12-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Teut
Novice

In Europe it is not allowed to change anything to the braking system.Also have all motorcycles now ABS.It is required by law

Old 12-02-2014, 01:50 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Originally Posted by Teut
In Europe it is not allowed to change anything to the braking system.Also have all motorcycles now ABS.It is required by law
Definitely right thing to do.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:58 PM
tim426
Stage II
Default TCB or ABS ?

I have a 2010 Road king With ABS ever had your front master cylinder LOCK on you WHEN your riding ? I have Took it to HD dealer ABS Elec. burned out no ABS light ether . I never had ABS till I got this bike I think I will try TCB I don't like lossing my brakes to a elec. problem and 2 weeks later still don't have my bike ! Im going to pick it up from the dealer and remove my ABS (BS )! Any one out there have same problem . Looking forward to trying TCB brake system !

Old 01-24-2015, 01:30 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Will this system allow me to brake in corners and hard curves?

Old 01-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by amkaos
Will this system allow me to brake in corners and hard curves?
I would have to ask you why? You can get away with a minimal amount of trail braking (if you know what you are doing) but braking in hard corners is asking for a mouthful of pavement...

Quick Reply: TCB Brake system