Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCB Brake system

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fulmer, anyone can sling crap about a product but it would help if you had any real information about the product being asked about. Nobody cares that you worked with things that resemble this product or that you have 20 yrs with anything. Working on braking systems for 20 yrs does not make you good just old. I am interested in this product not you blowing your own horn. I will thank you for making this product more interesting to me.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
"I ordered a set for the Ultra a few minutes ago. We'll see what happens." well cbears. You have assumed control as the official HDForums Tcb tester. Seeing as how you have a abs bike to compare it to. Its perfect. Please give a review after a good test of them. We are waiting with with open eyes. If I ever run into you someplace I'll buy you a cold one. I'm in KCMO. If your ever down this way give me a hollar.
I'd be happy to write up my feeling about them once they are on. I was pretty bummed when I figured out I couldn't add ABS to my Ultra, hopefully these get me half the way there. Of course I don't have the knowledge to work on my own brakes so I'll probably have to have the dealer put them on when they arive.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If people actually took the time to learn to ride a phucking motorcycle they would not need these or the ABS. I can't imagine how people were able to ride Harleys for 95 phucking years or any other make for that matter without all of the bullchit add-ons we have today. H-D didn't come up with Screw it Let's ride for nothing.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:58 AM
mhud
Road Captain

Another member waiting for the "Official HD Forum" review from you guys. Thanks all for the info.

Attached Thumbnails TCB Brake system-000_0129.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Fulmer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by captjon37
Fulmer, anyone can sling crap about a product but it would help if you had any real information about the product being asked about. Nobody cares that you worked with things that resemble this product or that you have 20 yrs with anything. Working on braking systems for 20 yrs does not make you good just old. I am interested in this product not you blowing your own horn. I will thank you for making this product more interesting to me.
I'm sorry I wasted your time. If you need additional information on the product, I did a patent search and Mark invented this in 1992 (Patent# 5,161,864). His invention was a slight modification of a 1969 patent #3,430,660. Lets see... 1992 + 2 years to product-ionize = 15 years ago. The timing of my lab test is quite a coincident, wouldn’t you say. And I never meant to “blow my own horn”; I was just trying to establish some credibility as it was in question my some on the forum. I will end my posting on this topic, as you obviously desire, with a question. If this is such a great device, and it has been around since 1969 or even 1992, why didn’t it replace ABS on cars?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

Because that guy with the calculations made it ROCKET SCIENCE...

Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

You might want to consider becoming a site sponsor if you are discussing a product for sale. JMHO.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

I got them in the mail and haven't even opened the package yet. I found out I actually needed three of them because I've got two calipers in the front, as do we all. I was told I could mount it at the resevior but that it wouldn't work as well as being on both calipers. I guess I need to order another one at 79.00. I'm actually starting to rethink the whole thing as I don't really want to put another 80.00 into it.

Would anyone be interested in taking these two off my hands for a discount?

Old 09-19-2009, 12:14 AM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by cbears
I got them in the mail and haven't even opened the package yet. I found out I actually needed three of them because I've got two calipers in the front, as do we all. I was told I could mount it at the resevior but that it wouldn't work as well as being on both calipers. I guess I need to order another one at 79.00. I'm actually starting to rethink the whole thing as I don't really want to put another 80.00 into it.

Would anyone be interested in taking these two off my hands for a discount?
Get rid of the one you got for the front. Where this device shines is on the rear brake, and if you install it on the rear caliper you will absolutely be pleased with the results. The front brakes on our bikes (pre-Brembo, at least) aren't touchy enough to warrant a TCB in my opinion. You should have an "orange" color-coded unit for the rear.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:48 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

The great thing about chat sites is anyone can give their point of view and information. I see no problem with the posters who spent their personal time trying to enhance my education and new product exposure. I thank (from top to bottom) Fulmer, thereal142, and CoachJ. All points of view only and opinions at best.

To me invaluable information and all are necessary information when heavily modifying your major component safety devices. I think if everyone here would exert this much effort spouting negativity and dispersions and more conviction to regularely clean out your caliper pistons on a regular basis, that would enhance your own bike's performance and it is free.

Personally I would have to agree with swomack as I like the control over my own motorcycle and read the feedback through my front brakes and only use the rear usually to keep my bike straight or in the case of sand or ice/snow using the fronts is not a good idea. How many Superbikes do you see with ABS? But that is just me.

Quick Reply: TCB Brake system