Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up my RGC today, got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 571 Likes on 314 Posts
Default Picked up my RGC today, got some questions

I'm trying to plan out my mod and accessory purchases for my new Road Glide Custom.

My questions are regarding lower fairings and Tour Pak options. I see there are some dedicated lowers for Road Glides in the P&A catalog. Are these for the pre-2010 models before the changed the mounting angle of the fairing? Which lowers are RG people running? I want the quick detachable mounting hardware for them for sure.

Along those lines, which highway peg mounts should I get that would work with the detachable lowers when they're installed?

Same deal with the Tour Pak. There are dedicated RG Tour Paks but they are quite large. I'm wanting the chopped (not Razor) Tour Pak for mine. What's the deal there?

In the mean time, I'm going to add the other misc. doo dads such as push button gas cap, Sundowner, mirrors, etc. as I wait for Fuel-Moto to release the new 2-1-2 head pipe and Power Commander to release the 2010 PCV.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I understand it correctly the RG lower fairing is different not because of the 2010 year, but because the RG fairing hangs lower than the Ultra's and Street Glides "Bat Wing" fairing so you would need a different lower.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo83
I'm trying to plan out my mod and accessory purchases for my new Road Glide Custom.

My questions are regarding lower fairings and Tour Pak options. I see there are some dedicated lowers for Road Glides in the P&A catalog. Are these for the pre-2010 models before the changed the mounting angle of the fairing? YES. Which lowers are RG people running? I want the quick detachable mounting hardware for them for sure.

Along those lines, which highway peg mounts should I get that would work with the detachable lowers when they're installed?

Same deal with the Tour Pak. There are dedicated RG Tour Paks but they are quite large. I'm wanting the chopped (not Razor) Tour Pak for mine. What's the deal there? You can get a chopped tour pak for your bike; they're not "dedicated" by bike model (the King Tour paks are the same size and can be used on any touring bike, but they're listed by bike model for color match involving pinstripe/panel and antenna mount); just find your bike's color among those listed for the chopped tp.

In the mean time, I'm going to add the other misc. doo dads such as push button gas cap, Sundowner, mirrors, etc. as I wait for Fuel-Moto to release the new 2-1-2 head pipe and Power Commander to release the 2010 PCV.
Unless your selling dealer gave you a good discount on parts & accessories, you will save substantial $$$ buying from Zanotti's HD, Chicago HD, and other 20% off list price dealerships.

Enjoy your new ride.

Last edited by Harleypingman; 09-09-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
suey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get crazy!!! its always easier spendin someone elses money .. lol

pickin mine up in oct

Old 09-09-2009, 06:44 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I have Hogg Chopp Lowers, love em too. HD vented lowers will fit the 2010s, any thing before that must use HD FLTR lowers, non vented. As far as the Pak, I have a full sized one that hangs on my wall unless I am on a trip. You'll appreciate the extra space over the chopped pak and with detachable hardware don't need to have it on except when you need it.
Enjoy your new scoot! I love mine

Old 09-09-2009, 08:05 AM
hogwash
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The quick detachable kit is a waste of money.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by hogwash
Guess thats a matter of opinion rather than fact. I have had 3 of them(on 3 different bikes) and enjoyed them all.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

.... if you get the vented 'Ultra' style lowers i doubt you'll use the detach kit. I found when i put mine on they never came off, it's just too comfortable and they look great w/the sharknose (imo).
...... get the 'Ultra' tour pak, you can never have enough lights on the back at night !

Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Originally Posted by hogwash
Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Guess thats a matter of opinion rather than fact. I have had 3 of them(on 3 different bikes) and enjoyed them all.
Quick detachable rocks! Can keep it streamlined for local solo rides and add the tour pak in short order for two-up and longer rides. I went with the King Tour Pak and added the spoiler with the LED brake light in it - liked that look better than the Ultra Pak with integrated lights, which also reduces the space inside.

I just ordered the Hogg Chopps lowers - nice styling and can keep them on year round because of better airflow around the engine.

For highway pegs, look at Kuryikan Cruise Boards. Much better than pegs IMHO and I use them more than my regular boards - very comfortable. If you buy them, pull the screws and add blue locktite as some have had the screws come loose while ridding.

Last edited by rogerfromco; 09-16-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by groupw
........ get the 'Ultra' tour pak, you can never have enough lights on the back at night !
Particularly the 2010 model. Harley removed the center tail light. You only have the two small turn signals, now used as the tail light.

Quick Reply: Picked up my RGC today, got some questions