Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Quit Receiving?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 PM
sporty06
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Quit Receiving?????

I was on a ride this weekend, the CB was working fine on Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. However, after a fuel stop Sunday afternoon, my CB quit receiving. I could transmit and I could tell when someone keyed their mike but I could not hear anyone talking.

I found a loose connection in the antanae cable and I tightened it up but still could not hear anyone talking. I will be taking it in to the dealer later this week but just wanted to know if anyone had experienced the same thing. If they did, what did it take to fix it.

I am wondering if the loose connection in the cable could have shorted something out in the radio?

2007 Roadglide with HD CB setup.

sporty06

Old 09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
harleyman1340
Cruiser

Try the simple things first, make sure you didn't accidentally turn the squelch all the way up, make sure you didn't accidentaly turn the CB volumn all the way down and if you are listening thru the fairing speakers make sure the speaker switch on the fairing is in the proper position. I've done each of these things at various times

Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I Just recently havd had the opposite happen was on a ride last weekend and mine stopped transmitting. I was going to pull faring and adjust my handlebars any so I looked at anything that had anything to do with the CB and found nothing, called the dealer and he said it is under warranty so I am going to let them worry about it.
Santa

Old 09-08-2009, 03:10 PM
opaka lips
5th Gear

"I am wondering if the loose connection in the cable could have shorted something out in the radio?"

I repair communication equipment as a profession. Sorry to hear you've got a problem.
The short answer to your question is YES, however it is unlikely (and not common) that a loose connection on the antenna coax cable would result in a receiver malfunction. As harleyman1340 has advised - Try the simple things first. Failing that, unless you know how to go about a repair, you'll have to seek help from someone who knows.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
sporty06
Road Captain

Thanks for the input. I did check the squelch setting but I will check again. I will be taking it to the dealer later this week and I think it may still be under warranty as I had it installed earlier this year. I will have to check to see what kind of warranty it has.

sporty06