Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan assisted oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Fan assisted oil cooler

Has anyone used or know about this oil cooler with a fan on it ? ? The fan assisted oil cooler is from www.Ultracoolfl.com I have been planning to install an oil cooler this month, and need more information this cooler or any other oil coolers on the market.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I remember seeing several threads on here and I think on some of the other HD forums around oil coolers...so you may want to do some research. I have seen both sides of the fence on the one you asked about...some swear by them and others swear at them.

I put an HD cooler on my ultra. Took about an hour to get it done. It drops the oil temp on average 15-20 degrees for me. Still...sitting in traffic for prolonged periods on a hot day it doesn't do all that much. If someone made an add-on blower unit I might look at it if it was reasonably priced.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have one and i think it is the best thing i bought for my bike. i have wrote about it many times here. search ultracool oil cooler.

The following users liked this post:
lionsm13 (07-15-2023)
Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like a computer fan. Wonder how long it will last?? Sounds like a good idea though, and I am looking for a oil cooler, but their web site didn't sell me, and neither has anything on here yet. But I am patient.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:10 AM
dmp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-09-2009, 05:18 AM
ranman469
Road Master

Originally Posted by mike5511
Looks like a computer fan. Wonder how long it will last?? Sounds like a good idea though, and I am looking for a oil cooler, but their web site didn't sell me, and neither has anything on here yet. But I am patient.

here is a another look, not a pc fan.
so far it has been on my bike 4k summer in az miles and a few rain storms.

Attached Thumbnails Fan assisted oil cooler-new-with-oil-cooler-391.jpg   Fan assisted oil cooler-new-with-oil-cooler-387.jpg  

Last edited by ranman469; 09-09-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
iHarley
Advanced

Originally Posted by ranman469
i have one and i think it is the best thing i bought for my bike. i have wrote about it many times here. search ultracool oil cooler.
Called Robert Click at UltraCool yesterday to place and order, he asked me if I also was running with an oil temp gauge, yep. Hmmm, there seems to be a problem. He said the UltraCool has a probe which controls the fan that need to be in the port on the oil pan, so he is now trying to find a solution.

Now this really confused me so I sent off the below email, asked him not to send the cooler till they have a solution!

Robert,
I'm confused, the website and PDF download instructions, as well as all four trade reviews say nothing about installing a probe in the oil pan? I was under the impression; the fan switch was installed in the bypass valve provide with the unit. Has there been a change to the design, if so why?
Could you please email the current installation instructions?

Got the current installation instructions and sure enough, what is on the website is not what is being shipped now??

I'm still interest in this unit, upset what is advertised vs sent now is different, with no explaination.

Where is your fan switch?

Is there a way to have two probes in the oil??

Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mike5511
A good ball bearing computer fan, like the ones that Thermaltake uses on their higher-end setups should last a long time trouble free. Especially if you're using the 120mm fans.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Wreckman
Advanced

Bigskyfans sells a nice set up with all the wiring and a pair of waterproof fans to fit behind your HD oil cooler for 64.00. I haven't had time yet to install them but they look like a good set up.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I used Big Sky set up on my bike too. Here is the link.......

http://milans-cycle-world.tripod.com/

Trucky911

Quick Reply: Fan assisted oil cooler