Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

George Anderson Tour pac relocator

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:08 AM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buttman
How much did it actually raise the tour pak, and how did your passenger react to that?
Probably half to 3/4 inch and my wife didn't really notice the height difference. We have it moved back the full 2 inches now and she thinks it is great. In combination with the Soos passenger floorboard extenders, moving them out an inch, I can use my Mustang backrest and my wife is very comfortable.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:11 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you move a detachable tour pack back?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by electra glide
Can you move a detachable tour pack back?
when I ordered mine he asked if I had the detachable or regular so maybe he has an option for the detach ones also. Give him a call, he's a great guy!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
backdoc_rider
Tourer

I need one of these. Where do you get them? I searched google and looked around here a bit and haven't found it. Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
confused
Road Captain

I just ordered mine last Friday;

George Anderson
2925 12th Ave.
Moline , IL 61265
Home: 309-762-6291
Cell: 309-236-0952

Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM
etstrine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheaper alternative

Originally Posted by lt2005
I am thinking about getting a George Anderson Tour pac relocator for my 05 ultra. The wife is putting on a few Lbs. and pushing up against my back rest. But before I order one I was wondering if someone had one that they were not using???
If you have the quick detach rack you can drill an additional four holes in it to move the tour pak back another inch. I did this with mine several years ago. I don't know if there is enough metal on the frame to do this on a permanent mount but if that is what you have it would be worth a look.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
billross77
Intermediate

Does anyone know if there is a product similar to this for the detachable sissy bar? I dont have a Tour Pac, but could use the few extra inches on a sissy bar.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by billross77
Does anyone know if there is a product similar to this for the detachable sissy bar? I dont have a Tour Pac, but could use the few extra inches on a sissy bar.
No product that I am aware of, but you can drill new holes in the mounting plate and move it back. There was a post on here a long time ago with pics, I didn't have time to search it out. If you look at the bracket, it becomes obvious. Your detach peg mounts in the top hole, there is one also below it that isn't used. I drilled a hole dead center between them, lowering the backrest just a bit, but the angle gives you a good 1"-1 1/2" more room.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,489 Posts

Originally Posted by buttman
How much did it actually raise the tour pak, and how did your passenger react to that?
if you don't reuse the hd support tube, then it doesn't raise your tourpak at all. just gives you the option to move it further back. i originally used all the hardware (original and george's) and didn't like the new height, so ditched the hd stuff, back to the original height but moved it back. ahhhh, life is good.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 PM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The Harleycomforts tour pak relocator works with the detach kit. I think it gives the option of 1.5 inch set back or 3 inch set back. I set mine back at the maximum setting and it really gives me and the wife much more room.

Quick Reply: George Anderson Tour pac relocator