Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which one 2010 road glide or road king

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009 | 06:05 AM
locodude
Road Captain

I like both, but the looks of the road glide and the shark nose just set it apart. In my neck of the woods glides are not all that common, you see a king everywhere. My next bike will be a road glide if they are still making them at that time. Having a stereo is nice, especially the weather band.

Old 09-08-2009 | 06:26 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master

I love my 2005 RKC.
Like others have said, it's the ability to remove the windshield.

As far as tunes....I added tunes to my RKC. Sound great, look great, and went cruisin' on the parkway last night @75mph, with no problem hearing it.

I also added lowers.

Old 09-08-2009 | 06:47 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by bob37
this is killing me cant decide any help would be great need the pros and cons form owners
Road Glide has a fixed fairing... mounted to the frame, so there is no "heaviness" as with "batwing" fairing.
The RG has a stereo (you can add a radio to the RK)
The RK allows you the option of windshield/no windshield
More gauges to see/keep track of, on the RG
You don't have to look down, to see the speedo/tach on the RG
Either you like the sharknose fairing... or you don't... frankly when I ride, I never notice it

When you park your RG at an event, and you turn around.... you can spot your bike, without having to search a few dozen look-alikes

They have the same frame, and the same capabilities... usually the RG will return better fuel economy, due to aerodynamics. Although the RG now has the SG's wheels/tires/and rear shocks....which take away from some handling.

I'd look for a 2009 left over Road Glide... get the touring bike... w/cruise control, not the bar hopper, they turned the RG into

Old 09-08-2009 | 08:22 AM
Q Hog
Road Warrior

Get a Road Glide... That what I plan to get when I get my new Hawg.. You can't beat the smooth ride.. JMO..

Old 09-08-2009 | 08:54 AM
6 gun
Seasoned HDF Member

which one dose not look like an old mans bike
to you? Buy that one.
Just yesterday as my wife an I were driving our
son to the air port and he made a coment my old
mans bike then after a playful argument I decided
if he wasen't just about to deploy I would kick his
but. O well I'll have to wait till he comes back in
apr. LOL

Old 09-08-2009 | 09:42 AM
BigDaveOnBass
Cruiser

The Road Glide is hard to beat on long trips. If you do a lot of 300 + mile trips, I'd get a RG. I did own a '95 FLHR from '98 to '03 and I still curse the day I sold that scooter. However, I'm very content with my '04 FLTRI.

Old 09-08-2009 | 11:22 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master

I rode 1000 miles r/t to San Diego this weekend on my Road King. I never use the windshield and after about 6 hours of 85 mph wind hitting me I was thinking about renting a Road Glide for the next trip just to compare. However, once I was cruising around San Diego with nothing in front of me to block that awesome 75* pacific ocean air I was, once again, assured that I'd bought my perfect bike.

Old 09-08-2009 | 11:30 AM
Chimp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bluegrasser
I rode 1000 miles r/t to San Diego this weekend on my Road King. I never use the windshield and after about 6 hours of 85 mph wind hitting me I was thinking about renting a Road Glide for the next trip just to compare. However, once I was cruising around San Diego with nothing in front of me to block that awesome 75* pacific ocean air I was, once again, assured that I'd bought my perfect bike.
I think this sums up the tradeoff pretty well. I was dead set on a road king. Then I rented one, as well as a SG. Given that most of my travel, even around "town", is at 75mph I thought the SG suited me better. So I bought one and I've been happy with it. I love the looks of the King though.

I did think about getting a king and adding an after market fairing. But something about the SG (or I'm sure in some folk's cases the RG) spoke to me.

Good luck. Don't sweat it too much. I don't think you'll be unhappy. It's choosing between to really good options.

Old 09-08-2009 | 12:11 PM
Bluegrasser
Road Master

Just to follow-up my point...if I used the windshield 100% of the time I'd go ahead ang get a bike with a fairing. If I'm going to have a windshield I may as well get the radio and gauges along with it.

Old 09-08-2009 | 12:17 PM
Bluegrasser
Road Master

Originally Posted by Chimp
I think this sums up the tradeoff pretty well. I was dead set on a road king. Then I rented one, as well as a SG. Given that most of my travel, even around "town", is at 75mph I thought the SG suited me better. So I bought one and I've been happy with it. I love the looks of the King though.

I did think about getting a king and adding an after market fairing. But something about the SG (or I'm sure in some folk's cases the RG) spoke to me.

Good luck. Don't sweat it too much. I don't think you'll be unhappy. It's choosing between to really good options.
Yeah, having to chose between a Glide and a King is a good problem to have. If you have the money, though, I'd highly recommend springing for a Road Glide and a dyna or softail.

Quick Reply: which one 2010 road glide or road king