Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart TD's

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:29 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rinehart TD's

Just a bit of info for all of you Rinehart fans out there. I called Bub's today about my warrant issue (the RH header pipe does not fit correctly). Anyway I was told that the RH header pipe just went through a change do to a fitments issue they were having and that they just started shipping them within the last week. So any of you guys out there that are having a problem with the muffler contacting or coming close to the axle on the RH side and having to shim at the "P" clamp, the fix is a new header pipe. I suspect that they're are quite a few of the bad pipe's already in distribution.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:50 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart TD's

Guess I'll be calling them to get a new header pipe.

My shim and spacers work fine for now, but for $700 I'll be getting a new header pipe.

Are they shipping the replacement, then you send back the bad one.

Steve

Old 06-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Nadil
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do all the new designed Rinehart TD's have a bad RH header pipe or was it just a bad batch? I am getting mine put on this Thurs. and will be oh so slightly ticked off if they can't do it cause of this after waiting a month for the pipes to come in.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:52 PM
SubZer0
Road Master

They said that they will send me my new pipe first then I send the old stuff to them, they are flipping the bill for shipping both directions.
ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

Guess I'll be calling them to get a new header pipe.

My shim and spacers work fine for now, but for $700 I'll be getting a new header pipe.

Are they shipping the replacement, then you send back the bad one.

Steve
Nadil, Sounded to me like there are more that are bad then good. This is another redesigned to correct that problem.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:50 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

Ok,
This stinks.... I just looked and it seems that mine must touch every now and then. So do I just call Bub and complain or is there a system they are doing for returns/warranty?

John

Old 06-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Nadil
Road Warrior

They are doing it under warranty. I am having mine installed tomorrow morning and if they too are defective I am at the point now to where I'm just gonna chuck them in corner of bedroom closet and order some T-Rex TD's. At least they fit. I have heard ppl say that it is taking BUB damn near a month to send out the updated header pipes. I'm sorry but I am not gonna wait another month to hear my new bike!

I have to question BUB's quality control. These are the new redesigned baffle pipes, then after a mad rush of ppl buying them and the pipes being on backorder at a lot of places (except Eastern Performance, I think they bought them all), they then discover "oops! wrong design header pipe"

Sorry for the rant ya'll, I've got quite a few rides coming up between my 2 clubs and just getting a little impatient is all.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:14 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Warranty issue [sm=WTFsgign.gif], go figure!

Old 06-14-2006, 03:26 PM
jconro
Intermediate

Thanks for the info guys. i just installed a set of TD's on my 2006 Road Glide and although I didn't notice this when I installed them, I just went and checked mine and it appears that it's also touching the axle nut. I just sent an email to the BUB warranty dept - if I don't hear back in a day or so I'll call them. I'll keep you posted on what they come back with. Thanks again!!

Old 06-14-2006, 04:51 PM
ScottFLHX
Intermediate

I just installed 2 sets of Bubs on my SG and my fathers EG. It looks like it comes very clost on the side stand with the bag off. Worse case is I think the damn muffler is going to get marked up. I doint think it is going to hurt the performace of the rear suspension and or really mess up the pipes. I am not sure it is worth all the hassle to remove it and re install it.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a quick and sure fix for that problem:

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2005/07/43632b.htm

[sm=smiley8.gif]

Quick Reply: Rinehart TD's