Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcIII help?decel backfire throttle position at 0%

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:33 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pcIII help?decel backfire throttle position at 0%

i have the pcIII with rineharts true duals and se air cleaner, stock ecm. ive been running the bike at 6% throttle position on accident for about a month. ran good but always want better so i switched the throttle position to 0% after some good help on here, and now the bike is deffinatly stronger and better sound and performance except for the fact, i now have more decel popping. not a loud single pop but more of small consistant popping. it did this a little when the throttle was at 6% but now at 0% its alot worse. ive heard to add more fuel at 0% throttle, like 20%, but if my problem is that im lean does this richen the mixture or just hide the popping. my pcIII user guide says i can richen the mixture by using the buttons on the front of the pcIII, so which option would be better. i dont want to get it dynotuned until i get the 25 injectors, so in the meantime would like to tweek my map 807-220 a little to get me by. iim thinking of selling my pcIII and getting the sert, just because the starting issues, and some map problems but im hoping the 25 injectors might solve some of these problems. thanks for listening

Old 06-13-2006, 04:40 PM
shearpinn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pcIII help?decel backfire throttle position at 0%

if you hit the starter right after flipping the kill switch (not waiting for it to prime), it'll start right up. Mine does.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

this starting procedure isnt the best for the bike according to some mechanics on here. theres a reason you have to wait for fuel to prime in the system on fuel injected bikes.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:05 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Get that machine to a pro dyno tuner as fast as you can. I run 8's with NO issues![sm=headbang.gif]

Old 06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you call Dynojet they will tell you to add 20% to the 0% throttle position from 2000 RPM's to redline. I did that and it removed almost all my popping. I will get an occasional one pop when running real hard on decel. Just a little more tweaking will fix that.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

thanks hardly dangerous, i did change it to 20% also helped a little. i guess after my new injectors ill have to get it dynoed. forums say thats the best money theyve spent on their bikes.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:04 PM
copperjohn
Cruiser

jpnelson,I tryed 20% then 30% and now at 35% I have eliminated all popping,bike runs great with 0 pops on decel or hard accel.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:56 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

i just went up to 25%, seems to be getting better. ill keep it like this for a while to see and update if i hear any backfiring. you would think with the correct map from dynojet , the bike wouldnt be lean. hey you guys that have increased your fuel % how many miles are you going before fill-ups. has this decreased your mpg.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

You can gradually work yourself up to as much as 45% in the 0% throttle. (this was mentioned to me from Dynojet.)

My magic number was 35% to totally eliminate the popping.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
mchacon
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is interesting stuff of which I have no knowlege. Now, I have popping at decel that I attribute to the Fuelpak that I installed when I put in my tru duals, ovals and stage 1. Is there a way to adjust the throttle and if so might this address my poping problem even if I run the fuelpak?

If so, how do I adjust the throttle. I'm at work (on lunch break) and left my manual at home so I'd appreciate any response.

Thanks,

M.

Quick Reply: pcIII help?decel backfire throttle position at 0%