Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Stage 1 Kit

I agree with shearpinn.............great post.

HD download is a total waste of $150......it is only made for HD mufflers.

S/E air cleaner is junk..........exposed vent hoses look like crap.

Get the Power Commander IIIusb for $277, and get the Ness Big Sucker Chrome for $99...........add in whatever exhaust you want, put in the map..........and ride ride ride.

Steve

Old 06-14-2006, 04:41 PM
mchacon
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How easy is it to install the PCIII? What is entailed in "downloading the map"? Also, what does the Arlen Ness Big Sucker run?

Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 PM
shearpinn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the PCIII goes under the side cover on the right side of the bike. It zip ties around the ecm. I installed as per instructions. As far as the map, load the disc onto your laptop, plug it into the PCIII and follow the directions. It was pretty easy to load a canned map. i am having it tuned by a PC tuner tomorrow to try and get better mpg since it is a generic map for the set-up. still can be improved. he promised me $100 and if he gets me 2-3 mpg, i'll save that c-note quickly and then some. figured i might pick his brain on playing with the tuner myself since i can save what he does and always come back to it after i jack-it up.

Dont know what you mean by what does the Big Sucker run? - price. I paid $99.95 shipped from Eastern Performances ebay store (you cannot beat that guy - he is top notch. I go to him before buying anything to see if he offers it). I left a link in this thread earlier. To me its better since it doesnt use lines to handle the oil mistin but rather pipes it through the mounting hw directly into the throttle body - no oiled up filter.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Prw3
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with bountyhunter, stage one and the downlaod on a stock motor is golden, I however would not suggest the aircleaner upgrade without the richer download. To meet epa reg's the motor is a bit lean and only gets leaner with the better aircleaner. Do some shopping around and find a source that offers the aircleaner upgrade with a K&N aircleaner vs. the screaming eagle "so called cleanable cloth" air filter and have the dealer do the download or better yet purchase a programable setup like Dynajets PCIII and enjoy the added throttle response and horsepower from the comfort of your own garage.