Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like another winter project!!!!
Good thing I have an unlimited supply of CASH since my retirement last year......
Not!!!!...I have an unlimited supply of time, I keep getting them mixed up, Dam!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

When my bike was birch white, I had them on the saddlebags for about 2 years. IMO, they provide only marginal additional light at the rear, and, cosmetically, don't add to the look of the bike.

When I did my repaint project, I sold the bags with the spoiler/LED's and have not installed the spoiler/LED's on the replacement bags.

I'm all for more light on the back of the bike, but the spoiler/LED's on the bags is poor value IMO.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
lowleveldriver
Tourer

I love it more lights I got the run brake modulator, and wired my tour pak and the spoiler light to the brake run and signal

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?-img_0132.jpg  
Old 09-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

So if you already have a RBT controller for the signals, do you tap into it or get another controller?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Fewe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know how well you can see them but they are in my sig pic. I have had them since I got the bike about a year and a half ago. No problems with water intrusion or wires getting in the way, including over stuffed saddle bag liners on trips. I got them for the additional light on the back of the bike along with the lighted tourpack spoiler. I also have the tourpack rack and the saddle bag lid rails to keep the kid feet off the paint. I like the look and am extremely happy with them. You can never have too much light on the back of the bike!!! I need to take some pics this weekend and will post them when I do.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:33 AM
kjtoys
Cruiser
Default lid spoiler lights on the bottom

I have an 07 street glide and took the lid spoiler lights and ground the edges a little and mounted them on the bottom of the saddle bags. I get a lot of positive coments! I think they look great but thats the difference in people I guess.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a Street Glide rear fender on my Road Glide. It was plug and play, but I'm wondering if I've already used the plug I'd need for the saddlebag lights? Do they come with some kind of pigtail or would I have to cut and splice?

Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
So if you already have a RBT controller for the signals, do you tap into it or get another controller?
I wired my spoiler/LED's to the RBT controller. You will only need one power wire and one ground wire from each LED. Check your wiring diagram to identify the wires that go to each rear turn signal (probably a brown (right) and a violet (left) wire).

Edit: The spoiler/LED's come with a Y-pigtail to connect the saddlebag/LED's to the accessory connector under the seat; they don't use the tour pak wiring harness. The Y-pigtail is cut-off/removed in order to wire the LED's separately to add the turn signal function.

Last edited by Harleypingman; 09-05-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:20 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

They also make a Y harness.I have them on my 07 RG along with the tour pac spoiler. I got lucky and got them at a discount, Someone order them and never picked them up and were already the Right color Black pearl

Old 09-05-2009, 08:35 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is another idea. I was thinking of powder coating these. Not sure if it puts out more light than the bag lights.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?