Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by PWFD
Simple is always good in my book. The wire doesn't get in the way of loading or unloading the bags?
Not usually. They come with little adhesive clips that hold really well.

My bike is right outside but I;ve never had much luck posting pics on the forum

Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a set on this past winter, Had them black and painted them to match the dark blue of the bike. As for concerns over the holes drilled in the top of the bag I put some silicone around the botls as I was putting them in to insure I wouldn't get water inside the bag and a rubber grommet in where the wire goes in through the top of the bag as well as the side of the bag. And as for the wire in the bag, gets tucked down the side, and at the bottom then up the side to go out to plug into the harness under the seat. they are an easy install and give that extra light for at night.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scooter68
I put a set on this past winter, Had them black and painted them to match the dark blue of the bike. As for concerns over the holes drilled in the top of the bag I put some silicone around the botls as I was putting them in to insure I wouldn't get water inside the bag and a rubber grommet in where the wire goes in through the top of the bag as well as the side of the bag. And as for the wire in the bag, gets tucked down the side, and at the bottom then up the side to go out to plug into the harness under the seat. they are an easy install and give that extra light for at night.
Good to know about the wire. I wasn't sure if it was a short wire that could be in the way or could be. From what you described it sounds all good though.

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 AM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd REALLY like to see some pics of the wire running when the lids are open. I'll probably ask the guy I know to show me the next time I see him also, but if someone has pics that would be good to see.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:41 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

I have them and really like the additional lighting they provide, especially at night!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cbears
I'd REALLY like to see some pics of the wire running when the lids are open. I'll probably ask the guy I know to show me the next time I see him also, but if someone has pics that would be good to see.
CBears
I'll take some pics of my saddlebag wiring for the Spoiler Lids and post 'em later today or tomorrow night. I'm off for a 1600 mile road trip over the weekend, starting in just over an hour (noon MT).

Old 09-04-2009, 11:46 AM
screws4156
Road Captain

I have them on my '06 RG.. You can wire them for running ang brake lights or running and turn signal lights.....lights are very bright and visible. I'll take some pics of the wireing and see how they look before I post them.

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?-pict1193.jpg   Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?-pict1274.jpg   Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?-pict1192.jpg  

Last edited by screws4156; 09-04-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
armyof1
Cruiser

website? please

Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by armyof1
website? please
Color-Matched Saddlebag Lid Spoiler Kit

Old 09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them and love them. I have had several comments about where did I get those.
At night they really add light to the rear of the SG which is a good thing.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag Spoilers anyone have them?