Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer says I can'tput slipon mufflers on my 08

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
DeadLevel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a load and the dealers wonder why they get a bad rap sometimes.......

Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
ks-waterbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+500... Slip on and drive away as fast as you can from that Mis-information Dealer! Now, add an air cleaner and you Must re-adjust!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The MO's flow a little better than stock and the bike could probably use a bit more fuel when running them, but the dealer is not giving you good information.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 PM
valleybuck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can put them on with no problems.One of my buds put on exhaust over 2 years ago,did nothing else and no problems.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
dgretz
Tourer

Originally Posted by 62trvler
I have the new sert and SE air cleaner but wanted to run the mufflers first then drive the 120 miles to the dealer and have the rest put on and tuned.
After that BS from the stealership I would be going to a different one to have the sert and tuning done

Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

I know several people incuding me who put slip-ons of all kinds and did not have to do a thing. When you start opening up the intake,air cleaner or those types of things then you need to consider a fuel management of some sort,AKA(PCV)

Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even when you open up the intake you dont have to do anything. S&S advise that the stock map is more than adequate for pipes and a cleaner.

Remapping might get you more power but it isnt essential.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:32 PM
hd110
Intermediate

There is controversy in the market on whether or not it is adequate to install a pipe and air cleaner and no fuel adjustments. I have heard it is ok for dbw (drive by wire or throttle by wire) bikes and not for cable operated bikes. I have tested two cable operated bikes both 96A and in the closed loop area 2-20% approximate and out of the closed loop area but high map load 80-100% the fuel levels are more than safe. But from around 30-60% the bike goes lean in excess of 15.5 to one, off the top of my head which is dangerously lean over long periods of time under moderate loads. So I do not recommend a pipe and air cleaner and no fuel adjustment to any of my customers. I put on just slip-ons regularly with no problems in drivability.

In my opinion there is not a good reason to install a high flow air cleaner if you don’t make fuel adj. If you are going for looks and sound then a slip on is for you. If you are going for looks sound, performance and cooling your motor down some, then a slip on or exhaust system, high flow and fuel adjustment is what you’re after.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i am running rineharts on my streetglide and was till i installed the screamin eagle air cleaner, it ran just fine, then i did the stage 1 download. the dealer is just trying to sell you his product, the screamin eagle mufflers, find another dealer if you are dissatisfied with the one who is feeding you that b.s.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't blow more air out unless you pull more air in. If you're not modifying your intake, there's no change.

Quick Reply: Dealer says I can'tput slipon mufflers on my 08