Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
100% of the time
66.18%
80-90% of the time
11.11%
70-80% of the time
4.35%
60-70% of the time
0.97%
50-60% of the time
0.97%
40-50% of the time
1.45%
30-40% of the time
1.45%
20-30% of the time
0.48%
10-20% of the time
3.86%
I don't wear a helmet, my head is hard enough
9.18%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

How many people wear a helmet when they ride?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: How many people wear a helmet when they ride?

Bet Big Ben now wishes he was wearing one today

Old 06-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, I respect all of you who choose to use a helmet, but some of the posts here were less than respectful to those of us who don't use one. IMO that ain't cool. Fact is, if safety were the main factor here we'd all be MUCH safer in a cage, right? I live in KY where we have the choice, & even tho I know I prolly should, I rarely wear one. I'm thankful to have that right. As freedom loving Americans I believe that the choice should be ours & ours alone. The govmt already has way too much control of our lives today.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wear mine reluctantly. I catch a lot of hell from my OL and my kid when I don't wear one. If it's really hot outside, I go without. I know it's dangerous but man does it feel good to ride without one. If I croak on a bike, then I died doing what I love. We're all headed to the same place in the sky anyway.... I'll just get there a little faster then the rest.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:10 PM
jonah
Cruiser

[i][size=2][b]I've got one word for those who chose to ride without a helmet....................................... Roethlisberger

They even have some cool helmets here that don't over heat you too much and some are DOT.

Skullscreamers

I have a couple. I get plenty of compliments, my brain is somewhat protected and definate cool factors with ladies!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:15 PM
DDDeepdiver
Cruiser

I always wear a helmet ...onthe highway i wear a full face flip up...around town i sometimes wear a half helmet....but always have one on.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Pat
Road Master

All the time, it's the law here. Would anyway.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
GeezerGlider
Cruiser

I have to wear one 100% of the time since I'm active duty military. It's that totally uncool full-face thing. Other than fellow military, I RARELY see Harley riders in Arkansas wearing helmets. That "freedom of choice" thing is alive and well here, and the choice is overwhelmingly "no lid". Other Harley riders look at me like I come from Mars becuase I choose to wear a helmet. If it weren't mandatory for me, I'd wear it anyway, as I've seen too many brain-stains on the highways and byways.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
mndemohead
Tourer

I need to be honest, I ride lid free like 99.9% of the time, I know I should wear one, I have tried. My gripe is this, I have a relatively large head, and I cant seem to find a helmet that fits decent, and they end up being more of a distraction. Not to mention the way a helmet looks on a guy with an already big melon. I know, I know, Who cares what it looks like, but Here in Mn, there is no helmet law and I have gotten soo used to riding without that when I try it now all it does is distract me. I recently bought a 1/2 helmet but I hate it, and I have a full face but its like riding around in a space bubble, If I cant feel the wind in my face Im gonna quit riding, simple as that. To those of you who say you would still wear one even if you had a choice I bet if you were in a state that gave you a choice you would find yourself going lid free more than you think. Anyone know of anyone who makes a helmet specific for us rather large guys?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:24 PM
a21m
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope Ben pulls through ok. But I have to wonder...he wears a helmet for his 'job' but did not have one on for riding.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
websterdan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always do. I'm pro choice. You can become a veg with or with-out one on. I alawys will. I don't believe the( I can't see as much or I can't hear as much, BS). Just say you don't want to and I don't have to, NA NA NA. It's like bikes and oil we do what we want, because that's what we want to do.

Quick Reply: How many people wear a helmet when they ride?