Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought a 03 roadglide on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009 | 11:04 PM
jedi
|
Advanced
Default just bought a 03 roadglide on ebay

hope to go pick it up in the next few days.. just curious if there is anything i need to look for before i pay for it. any problem areas these bikes have? i have been riding a v rod for the last 4 years so i am not real familiar with a RG... also what is a good sight for custom add ons? thanks for any help...

Old 09-03-2009 | 12:30 AM
jedi
|
Advanced

bueller bueller...

Old 09-03-2009 | 12:35 AM
pte359
Tourer

The fixed faring seems to be the hardest thing for some to get used to but it was not and issue for me, get all service records if they have any, date of last service , tyoe fluids used, check all cables for tight spots, most do not oil them regularly.. other than that just give it a good picking over and ask as many qusetions as you feel needed. if any thing concerns you ask it again later and see if you get the same answer.
make sure it is not a salvage title...
post a link to it here..

Old 09-03-2009 | 04:31 AM
gunut
Cruiser

you can go through bagger mags to get some ideas
then look everywhere for best prices
HD stuff is at 20% off on line
after market try google and check
I look at ebay also but have got better deals at other sites

Old 09-03-2009 | 07:24 AM
jedi
|
Advanced

it is a salvage title, but i was well aware.. i have been in the auto body business so i kinda know what to expect. a wrecked bike doesn't scare me that much as long as the person in charge of rebuilding is capable... here is a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123

Old 09-03-2009 | 08:07 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

That bike should be just fine. Perfect for a real tasteful customizing, or just paint it all one color. Enjoy.

Old 09-03-2009 | 09:02 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser

Careful with the salvage title. I would try to find out what was wrecked on the bike. For me i would pay the $250 and have HD look over the bike for you. Im sure there is a dealer in the area. Good Luck

Old 09-03-2009 | 09:14 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master

Personally, I wouldn't mess with that salvage title.

Old 09-03-2009 | 09:15 AM
jedi
|
Advanced

the thing I have learned over the years is people don't rebuild vehicles that take a lot of time and money. this is especially true on bikes. the gentleman was very straight forward about the damage and what been replaced.. we'll see..

Old 09-03-2009 | 09:29 AM
kromdom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RoadKingLou
Careful with the salvage title. I would try to find out what was wrecked on the bike. For me i would pay the $250 and have HD look over the bike for you. Im sure there is a dealer in the area. Good Luck
+100 to above suggestion! I also bought my bike on ebay and before closing the deal, I asked the seller to take the bike to an HD dealer to have a PPI (PrePurchase Inspection) done.

Bike was given a clean bill of health and seller FAXd me a copy of the paperwork. I called the dealer to verify and only then did I finalize the sale.

Best of luck and congrats with your new bike.

Quick Reply: just bought a 03 roadglide on ebay