Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEDS in FLHX fender fillers??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:08 AM
salty01
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEDS in FLHX fender fillers??

Anybody installed LEDS in the fender fillers like on the CVO Road glides?

looking for a supplier if so and any pics please. Looks like a great way to eliminate the OEM turnsignals and clean up the back end with extended bags.

THX

Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Buy the CVO fender, lights and filler panel. I'm looking for a parts list myself.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I like the idea of adding just the lights to the fillers. I have an 06 and would like to go the same route. Then a Paul Yaffe license frame to cover all the holes. Let us know what you come up with. I been looking but no success.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer told me he wouldn't order me the CVO parts unless I actually had the CVO bike. Looking for someone now that has one so they can order the parts. 2010 CVO SG has them and they look awesome. Just can't see spending $35K to get a new tail light.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Peedib89
Tourer

check with the guys at No Magic they have just about anything LED related you can think of

Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hdstreetglide08
My dealer told me he wouldn't order me the CVO parts unless I actually had the CVO bike. Looking for someone now that has one so they can order the parts. 2010 CVO SG has them and they look awesome. Just can't see spending $35K to get a new tail light.
That's why I'm asking Dawg for a parts list. I swear he had a list last winter from the '09 CVO Road Glide (same a$$ end as this years CVO Street Glide).

Usually CVO parts or only for CVO owners, but this wasn't locked by HD, if I'm remembering right.
It's like you can't order a Paint set with the CVO paint schemes unless they can prove you own a CVO and send them the broken parts back. Is what your dealer is concerned with.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by salty01
Anybody installed LEDS in the fender fillers like on the CVO Road glides?

looking for a supplier if so and any pics please. Looks like a great way to eliminate the OEM turnsignals and clean up the back end with extended bags.

THX
Cycle Visions' Eliminator would be great for your bike. We just installed one on an '09 Street Glide and it looks awesome! It really cleans up the back of the bike and the taillight has a flash/run/stop/turn feature as well. It is super super bright and the signals are always red until you signal and then they turn amber. This is also a very unique taillight for the touring bikes. Nobody really has them!

This is the taillight I am going to go with on my Street Glide in chrome. We added white LEDs to the license plate, but it doesn't come this way from Cycle Visions, so pretend those extra lights aren't present. The license plate light from Cycle Visions is amber in color.

Shawn

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 09-01-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
RTBrandy
Advanced

I put some on on mine. the little pod lights, in black. screwed them onto the antenna hole filler plug, thing....

$25 for the LEDS (Electro-Pods), $20 for the LED converter (load balancer). Doesn't look as nice as the CVO, but gets rid of the ugly *** [IMO] rear turn signal bar!

Last edited by RTBrandy; 09-01-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Modee1245
Tourer

RT - Pics please

Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
RTBrandy
Advanced

I'll get some ASAP...I'll try for tonight, ...

sorry, just cleaned out all the pics from my phone, but have some at home...

Quick Reply: LEDS in FLHX fender fillers??