Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush slip-on packing

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 AM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Rush slip-on packing

I have been reading recent post about the packing burning out in the Rush mufflers. How long is it supposed to last? Just does'nt seem right that they are going theat quick. There are guys with 09's that are replacing their packing already. Does not make me feel too confident or their quality. I love the sound of my Rush 2.25's but If Im gonna have to replace the packing all the time, Im yanking them off and getting something more maintenance free.

Last edited by brihvac; 09-01-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

FuelMoto's got a better package than the original ones stuffed in Rush. PM or call them up and see what they have to offer. Would cost you a few extra bucks though.

Good Luck,

Thorey

Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 AM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Could be burning out faster due to higher engine/exhaust temps from the new motors. But all due burn out over time. Some like the louder sound and some don't. I've heard that some riders have to repack every year or two if they want to maintain the origional sound tone.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:30 AM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
FuelMoto's got a better package than the original ones stuffed in Rush. PM or call them up and see what they have to offer. Would cost you a few extra bucks though.

Good Luck,

Thorey
Just does'nt seem right to have to do that. I thought Rush was a good quality. Now I wish I would have spent a few extra dollars and got something better quality. My bike is not yet a year old, I just rolled 1000 miles.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:20 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Harley dealer here quit selling them. i sold my used set for $50 to get rid of them. tried all the different baffles available and never got a good sound. i got the best sound out of them with the smallest baffles installed backwards. had to drill a new hole in the other end. backwards they restrict even more. better sound is available from Wild Pigs and are half the price.

Last edited by huffhuff; 09-01-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Triggerman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5,000 miles- started to notice a difference. By 10,000 they were definitely louder. Performance seems the same so I don't think it effected back pressure. I personally like the way my bike sounds now compared to when they were new.
If your looking for less noise, there are a lot of different baffles you can replace with and keep your muffs.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by brihvac
Just does'nt seem right to have to do that. I thought Rush was a good quality. Now I wish I would have spent a few extra dollars and got something better quality. My bike is not yet a year old, I just rolled 1000 miles.
Understood your point. This is how people run their biz by selling so-so called products and keep selling them over and over from time to time. Best that you call FuelMoto and see what they can offer and solve your situation.

Thorey

Old 09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
bobbydeuce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Rush slip ons w/2.0 baffles, I replaced my packing after 3k miles, it was completely disintegrated on the right side, and hardly anything left in the left pipe. Rush sent me the packing for free, took about 20-30 minutes to install. I'm curious as to how long the new packing will last and if Rush has improved the new packing. I had no idea when I purchased them I would have to maintain them.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:41 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,734 Likes on 11,533 Posts

20 K on mine and they sound better now than when they were new....
"crisp, clean, clear, and deep" are the compliments I get....never raspy, tinny, or obnoxious.
I have never ridden behind myself, so I take the compliments, smile
and say thank you.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moose Racing makes a "competition race" high tech muffler packing. I repacked mine about a year ago and it's still there over 13,000 miles. Gives a deeper sound.

Here is the link: http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.j..._group_id=7362

Steve

Quick Reply: Rush slip-on packing