Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Glide CVO Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:23 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Street Glide CVO Blue

Was at HD yesterday in Scranton, PA (Electric City) and seen the new 2010 Street Glide Screaming Eagle. Ive seen one before but not the Blue one. It is off the charts nice. Here is where the problem for me starts. I just purchased a 2009 Street Glide about 2 months ago. Im seriously considering trading in my 2009 with 1K miles and getting this bike. Wife is gonna be pissed beyond belief. Everytime I get a new toy I use the old you only live once. Her last response to me saying this when since you only live once die already before you bankrupt us. LOL Gotta figure this one out. Anyway trying to figure out if I really want to lose about $3K on my bike and spend another $14K to get the Screaming Eagle. Friends are no help to me. Thank God in PA you cant buy a motor vechicle on Sunday. If I could have it would have been over. Im a very spontaneous buyer and yesterday the LAw protected me. Who would have thunk it.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, can you imagine what you can do to your bike for 14k? + it would truly be one of a kind......+ divorce is veeerrryyy expensive. Don't ask me how i know!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:45 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser

Thanks Sparky. Its a dam Obsession!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
hogwash
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it wasn't an obsession, none of us would be behind a computer not working right now.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
gabulldog
Tourer

Amen, Hogwash!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:08 PM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser

Well said Hogwash. LOL

Old 08-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,267 Likes on 7,397 Posts

If you can afford it "GO FOR IT".

I look forward to seeing a blue one because the brown does absolutely nothing for me and I was greatly disappointed when I saw it.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser

Ya Dock I agree. I saw the Brown one the other day at BaerHD. It was someones bike but like you said it did nothing for me at all. I got to tell you the blue one really pops at you.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:32 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

all cvo's have been cool, although they are made of unobtanium. too expensive for this kid. i like my 08 streetglide, it runs great, is now comfortable through modifications, and looks very cool. the biggest bonus is that it's paid for. i would not go into debt for a new toy, no matter how shiny it is. the cvo's got all the bells and whistles, sure, but a dose of reality can come in pretty handy when you realize that you've already got a great bike. hopefully the shop is closed monday too like most are. this may give you time to think about it in a more rational way. my 03 corvette is paid for as well, and there is nothing that the new ones got that would impress me enough to trade it in for a new one. i can't even imagine what payments would be for a 2010 cvo streetglide, but they sure aren't giving them away. yours ain't even broke in yet. just sayin.......

Old 08-31-2009, 03:19 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Lou, it goes like that (as I told you Sunday when we saw this beauty…):
There are 2 schools,
1. Those who say that having a CVO is a waste. That you can build a much better bike with that budget yourself. That it would be one of a kind…

2. Those who say that having a CVO is like having something like no other. A master piece built by HD. Something that even as the years go by, would always be a great ride and some show piece.

I know which school I go to… and so do you… not to say anyone is wrong, the 2 have so great argument points. But, judging by your face, you are on the second of the 2…

As for your princess, you are (and I know first hand) the best husband, father, uncle and a friend. I mean you are even a great son in law… so I don’t think she would take it that hard…

P.S
You can always blame me for it…

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide CVO Blue