Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Glide CVO Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Hogwash

Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
Dude, can you imagine what you can do to your bike for 14k? + it would truly be one of a kind......
You can put an R&R billet motor in for that sort of money. Let us know how you get on....

Old 08-31-2009, 05:22 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep the '09 and make it your own for 14K. The CVO is just another CVO. Of course it's your money, do what you want.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're thinking about it non stop, like I imagine you are, you already made up your mind. If you can afford it go for it! Just remember you can't take it with ya....

Have you ever seen a funeral procession with a hearse pulling a u-haul, I didn't think so!!!!

Last edited by Maxcustody; 08-31-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Like my old man always said "You ain't spending your money, you're spending your children’s inheritance"..............and to this day I ain't inherited crap. It'll teach 'em to make their own money for toys.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Did I read that right? You got 1000 miles....That's like 2 or 3 DAYS worth of decent riding.......and you want to trade it in?

What do you do, decorate the living room with it?

If you get divorced, just know....It's hard to cram a CVO into a 1 bedroom apartment.

Last edited by rdam; 08-31-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Rnemhrd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 14k you can make your bike better than the CVO SG. You can get a HD custom paint set, sell your like new paint set. Build your motor better than the 110, and get better wheels. Those wheels do look good though.As far as resale a CVO bike can be hard to sell for what people think they are worth. JMO. It is your cash to spent how you want, and the wife's father has your back. Have fun.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was on same trip.. need another 16k to change over to my 2008SG to the new 2010 CVO... almost did it, backed off at last minute. Besides, can get another HD and have two instead of one... maybe thats a thought !!!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:22 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Papifun your right, can upgrade my bike some and buy an 07 Street Bob for some fun. Im thinking Im gonna keep my bike and do the latter. HD rep is calling me today to discuss the bike and what they will give me for mine. From what I hear they dont discount the CVO much at all. If he offers me a great deal Ill do it otherwise I stay with mine. P.S. I agree with spending the inheritance, the kids get more then enough already. LOL. BunkerBeer you are NO HELP AT ALL!! Your like the little devil sitting on my shoulder saying go ahead its ok.
Love ya anyway Brother!!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
all cvo's have been cool, although they are made of unobtanium. too expensive for this kid. i like my 08 streetglide, it runs great, is now comfortable through modifications, and looks very cool. the biggest bonus is that it's paid for. i would not go into debt for a new toy, no matter how shiny it is. the cvo's got all the bells and whistles, sure, but a dose of reality can come in pretty handy when you realize that you've already got a great bike. hopefully the shop is closed monday too like most are. this may give you time to think about it in a more rational way. my 03 corvette is paid for as well, and there is nothing that the new ones got that would impress me enough to trade it in for a new one. i can't even imagine what payments would be for a 2010 cvo streetglide, but they sure aren't giving them away. yours ain't even broke in yet. just sayin.......
Sounds like you and I ride on the same cruise ship. Have '02 Corvette and all of my HD's are paid for, LOL.

Of course, I've always wanted the next new bike that's on the showroom floor. It's best that I go HD shopping out of state in order to get me a new T-Shirt(s) instead of new bike cuz I'm not a resident there. Once in New York, I'd be sure to write a check.

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide CVO Blue