Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HK Radio FM Pre-Set Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
fimduc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK Radio FM Pre-Set Question

Once you set all your FM pre-sets there is mention in the owners manual that you can scroll thru these pre-set stations using the right hand handlebar control. I have not been able to do this......when I use the handlebar control it just goes to seek mode and finds the next tunable station. I must be missing something in the set up of this function. What do I need to do to fix this situation?

Old 06-10-2006, 11:16 AM
kdietz
Road Captain
Default RE: HK Radio FM Pre-Set Question

I can only add that if you push the #6 preset for a couple of seconds, all your presets will scan for 8 seconds each....if you want to stop on one, hit the handlebar up button to select that station....I still haven't be able to switch between presets from the handlebar.....there must be a way to do

Karl

Old 06-10-2006, 11:26 AM
lschultz
Road Master

I read something on one of these forums where they were talking about it but I done forgot [sm=jawdrop.gif] where I read it. I would be interested in this to. I don't play the radio that much but I would like to know.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:34 AM
fimduc
Cruiser

hopefully somone will know.................it makes total sense to be able to toggle quickly between your favorite FM stations and do it from the handlebar.............the hold down #6 may be a bit of a work around but I am not a fan of having to reach up to the radio very often.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering the very same thing. I asked my dealer and they have been trying figure it out with no luck.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:13 PM
wldhogn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a Harley radio anymore but my Biketronics "Retro Radio" setup is controlled by the stock HD handlebar controls. Try this: Change your presets by using one quick bump (press) on the "Mode" switch (the one on the right side of the bars) followed by an "up" or "down" motion to move to the other presets. So it's a quick press of the button and then an up or down click. Like I said, I don't know if it will work on HD radios but it does on my Sony. Let me know if it works for you .. it's worth a try!!