Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio buttons wont work

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Joker441
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Radio buttons wont work

OK I have a 2004 Ultra and have installed a Arc amp and Arc speakers from Mr. Robinson on here. Everything was working great and has been. Well the other day I washed the bike and went to get on it to go on a run and now the none of the buttons will work. The radio will come on and light up. None of the switches will work on the bars, none of the buttons on the radio face will work. I have tried to disconnect the battery positive and neg to reset it and that didnt work. I pulled the fairing cap in hopes of seeing a problem, no such luck. The amp is powered up no problem. I can put my ear to the speakers and hear it just a little. The power button wont work to shut it off. I am always real careful when I wash it not to blast the radio and it didnt get any more wet washing it than it would in a good down pour. Im lost. I have pulled plugs, connectors and wiggled every wire under the fairing. Any ideas what I can do, this is driving me nuts. Is there a reset somewhere? Even the controls on the passenger speakers wont do anything. I blowed everything out and even rode over 200 miles yesterday hoping that it would dry out if that was the problem, guess not. So like I said the radio is on and I can hear it if I put my ear in the speaker, just no controling it at all.
Anyone got any ideas??
Thanks
Joker

Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Joker441
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I got it figured out, had a pinched wire in the left controls. All works now.
Thanks for the help.
Joker