Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New King in the house!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:40 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy that we traded those Dynas at about the same time. I just the 1k service on mine yesterday and I don't miss my old bike at all. You can't beat the way the RK rides and looks.

What mods do you have planned?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Got my new King 6 weeks ago and have 1500 miles on it already.

The only problem with it is my want list is way to long and my credit card is itching.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new King!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JakeInMa
Hey all, I just traded in my LR for an 09' Road King...what an incredible bike!

I am just so amazed at how this thing handles and rides. Each time I take it out, I am more and more impressed. I believe I should have done this sooner!

Had I been able to afford it, I would have kept the LR, but the deal that was given to me, I couldn't resist and I'm not regretting it.
Good trade! You'll find that you're much more manly on the RK, women will notice you and vast sums of money will come to you. It's a secret that us RK owners have known for some times now -- but don't talk about. The other touring bikes are...well, er...they're nice, but nowhere near as sexy as our bikes.

Congrats!

Last edited by Dustball; 08-30-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:25 PM
KSGG
Cruiser
Default It's a Magnet

Originally Posted by Dustball
Good trade! You'll find that you're much more manly on the RK, women will notice you and vast sums of money will come to you. It's a secret that us RK owners have known for some times now -- but don't talk about. The other touring bikes are...well, er...they're nice, but nowhere near as sexy as our bikes.
Reminds me of something that happened to a buddy. Out for a spin on his King, and this gal in her 30's flags him down. Says "she's always wanted to ride on a Harley", and asked him "if he would take her for a spin". He obliged. Said it "made her day".
King owners....always willing to help.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:30 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the brotherhood of the "King's of the Road". Come along for the ride and enjoy the ride of your life.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks all. So far, I have zero complaints. I went for another nice ride today and put 174 miles on. Not once did my *** or back have any pain whatsover and not once was I uncomfortable and have to fidget in my seat. This bike is unreal.

For those asking about planned mods, believe it or not, I really don't have any right now other than some slip-ons maybe. I like the sound of the bike, I just wish it were a bit throatier and louder, but not too much so.

I can't say that I'm missing the LR just yet and I'm already looking forward to my next ride!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

congrats on your new KING .......its a great ride...looks awesome...but hey i'm a little partial....chrome front end and highway pegs and maybe some different bars and you are set...well at least for about a week

Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

"Long Live the KIng".....................That's a nice bike, you are going to enjoy the King more than you can imagine.
I can't wait to see what you do with this ride too.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:21 AM
jd533
Road Captain

Congrats!! They are both great lookin bikes. You'll love the king.

Quick Reply: New King in the house!