Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1% apr for 60 months on 09 models

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 PM
simsjam
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1% apr for 60 months on 09 models

Is this a sign of the times? Our local dealer has offered this the past couple of saturdays on all 09 models. Has anyone else seen this? They also offered 20% off all parts and accesories today. I thought I would never see a loan this low on a HD.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:01 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by simsjam
Is this a sign of the times? Our local dealer has offered this the past couple of saturdays on all 09 models. Has anyone else seen this? They also offered 20% off all parts and accesories today. I thought I would never see a loan this low on a HD.
They need to get rid off all the 09's So yes there are deals out there the 1% I have not seen, is it for sure from ESB? It could be dealer financing from any one of the banks they use.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 AM
LPFRAY
Cruiser

Sign of the times or not that is a good deal. I think it is to get the 09's off the floor since when it gets close to the new year release date people don't buy until they see what the new year brings. then some go fro new and some hold out to see what a good deal they can get on an older year. If your in the mood for a new old bike I would be all over the 1% 09. I could have used the 20% when it cam to getting the 103 kit and blacked out parts for my bike. Remember you only live once, and if you die penniless that is not tragic, that is just a damn good budget.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by simsjam

It makes you wonder if the dealer is desperate or just aggresive. Most dealers around here are Business as Usual - MSRP on bikes and won't even talk about matching pricing on parts, HD, Drag Spec or otherwise.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

If it is true elsewhere, people should jump on that!

Old 08-30-2009, 07:42 AM
k&j eglide
Tourer

The big problem I keep seeing with those rate offers is the people that need them the most won't ever qualify. And for Basz- where in Mi are you? If you want to find a dealer that will deal on prices and accessories, stay away from small market dealers. Not all, but enough of the suburban Detroit dealers still deal.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:48 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd jump on that if I was ready to buy. Dealers are hurting right now, and more will probably end up closing their doors in the next year.

I bought my 09 in Sept of last year, and the dealer still has my 07 that I traded in. They have two of the same color, and they are "asking" $500 less than they gave me in trade.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 AM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Harley Canada (Trev Deeley) is now offering up to $2500 in extras on 09 bikes, prices haven't been lowered and the interest rates are anywhere from 7.75 to 26.75%. Don't know if that will encourage many new buyers.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:06 AM
KSGG
Cruiser

As much as I love mine, if our local did that, I'd jump on it and upgrade. Current deal here is no interest 90 days, no pymt 120.
I'm sure HD interest is still higher by a couple of pts than the local banks. 5% is the current loan rate around here.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:06 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

If there was a dealer around here doing 1%, I'd be riding a new old bike.

Quick Reply: 1% apr for 60 months on 09 models