Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles...another satisfied customer

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:15 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Mean City Cycles...another satisfied customer

Sent my factory seat to these guys and got the $100 memory foam improvement done. An hour on the factory seat was enough for me to start getting uncomfortable. Went on a 3-4 hour ride to South Carolina with only very brief stops for gas and had no discomfort, including coming home the next day same distance.

In addition, I had asked if they could lower me a bit. I'm 5'7, 180lbs. They did so and it makes a difference also.

Excellent $100 investment. I have another road glide seat that I use on my bike I want to try and get off to them for the same work when I get a chance.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Was this a stock FLHT seat or Road Glide seat??? Curious to see what they can do to a stock Road Glide seat. After trying many other seats this is the one that still get my feet closest to the ground. But it could use a little comfort improvement.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry it was kinda confusing, mine was an Electra Glide factory seat that I sent in and I'm pleased with. I have a 2nd seat, which I was told by the local dealership is actually from a road glide, that I want to get done also. I have no doubt they could take care of that one for you also.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 PM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I plan to send mine in over the winter to have it lowered and the memroy foam installed.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 PM
mazman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long did it take to get done?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

They made my stock Street Glide seat ride-able. Is that a word?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They worked on my Street Glide seat and it made no difference. I got the unit back with no receipt, no thank you, no nothing! Plus the stapling on the cover was worse than when the seat was stock (WTF!). I now have a Road Glide and the stock seat is way more comfortable than the Mean City Street Glide seat.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by solorider
They worked on my Street Glide seat and it made no difference. I got the unit back with no receipt, no thank you, no nothing! Plus the stapling on the cover was worse than when the seat was stock (WTF!). I now have a Road Glide and the stock seat is way more comfortable than the Mean City Street Glide seat.

Did you call us to let us know that the seat didn't work? Customer satisfaction is something we strive for and put 110% effort in to achieve this and if you do not call us we can't correct a problem. I have no idea why you didn't get a receipt, that is the last thing that goes into every box.

Not to air dirty laundry but we had a employee who was cutting corners and wasn't really up to our quality standards and that has been corrected.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadX
Did you call us to let us know that the seat didn't work? Customer satisfaction is something we strive for and put 110% effort in to achieve this and if you do not call us we can't correct a problem. I have no idea why you didn't get a receipt, that is the last thing that goes into every box.

Not to air dirty laundry but we had a employee who was cutting corners and wasn't really up to our quality standards and that has been corrected.
Fair enough, but yes I emailed you and got no response.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by solorider
Fair enough, but yes I emailed you and got no response.
If you emailed me then I replied, I reply to every email. Most likely my email got caught in a spam filter or it bounced. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we want every customer to be happy with their seat because one unhappy customer is bad for business and when a business is run 95% by word of mouth one unhappy customer isn't good. We have a toll free number 866-550-SEAT(7328) also, if you email us and don't get a reply most likely the reply got caught in a spam filter or bounced and I would highly recommend calling us.

Quick Reply: Mean City Cycles...another satisfied customer