Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles...another satisfied customer

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

For what it's worth, I didn't get a receipt in the box either which did surprise me but I really didn't care....somewhere a tree is thanking me!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:59 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy02FLHT
For what it's worth, I didn't get a receipt in the box either which did surprise me but I really didn't care....somewhere a tree is thanking me!!!
That is weird. The last thing we before taping the box shut is put the receipt in the box. I'll check into this today. I apologize for the trouble, if you want a receipt just email me and I will write one out and mail it.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:24 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Surprised to see a complaint about MCC...if one cruises the other forums, you would see an overwhelming positive response from the work at MCC. Every time I have someone sit on my FLHTC seat (modified by MCC), they look at me with amazement at the feel of a "stock" seat...little do they know what was replaced under their butt.

Someone asked about the time it takes...in my case, I got a call on the morning it was scheduled to be worked around 8AM...got an e-mail around 10 AM that is was finished and a further e-mail around noon-1PM that it was processed to be shipped back to me.

Without a doubt, this was the best mod I've done to my bike...ever...

Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Another Happy Camper with Mean City .. Although thought my FLHT Seat was okay in comfort, was just a little too high off the ground for my inseam.. Got the Best of both worlds when they were done with it... Lower to the ground and more comfort to boot .. Thanks...

Old 09-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alan and MCC do a great job. At 6'5" i always need my seats adjusted and they get the job. On my prevoius bike his adjustment made it possible for me to pursue my passion.... long distance riding. Prior to that time I could not go more than 3 hrs on the sotcker without significangt butt burn.

Alan will make it right. Call him

To each his own.

R. Todd

Old 09-11-2009, 07:40 AM
greggg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Service was great, First time they did memory foam and lowered rider and passenger on a rkc classic sundowner seat. I'm 5/10 but with long arms. Seat seemed to have me to far forward.Sent it back and they redid it, now it great.I sent it out on a Monday and it was back on Sat. I would recommended to everyone.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 AM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm taking my 2009 RK seat to MCC in two weeks. Making it a stop in our vacation.

I'm 5'8" with 31" inseam. Planning on the Riders Choice modification to bring me down an inch or so and narrow the seat horn as much as possible. Main concern is wanting to flat foot and hopefully be able to get enough traction to back the bike up

Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

badx....it was no trouble and like I said, very pleased with the seat...need to get around to sending the 2nd one to you, procrastinating!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Road_King_Rider
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I sent my seat from my 07 Road King Custom and had it lower by 2in, back by 2in, and memory foam put for myself and my passage. I've been VERY happy with the results. I had great communications with the shop and they answered every question I had. I'm sorry that "solorider" wasn't happy with his results. I'm so happy with my "new" seat that I'm going to sell my Harley Tallboy seat I was using.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I had to add another cheer for Allen and MCC. My seat is way better than stock, looks perfect, and turnaround was as fast as I could have asked for. You'll get a date when your seat will be worked on. Get it there the day before and it will be on its way back to you the next day. What more can you ask? I sent a friend and he said it feels like he has a new bike. He had his seat lowered and put his suspension back to stock height. Bike feels better and no longer bottoms out. If you have a problem, call them. You won't be disappointed.