Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat decision.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM
wreckdiving
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Seat decision.

Have an 08 Roadking anniversary. My dilema is, I like the two tone seat that came with the bike, but comfort sucks! I have the HD rider backrest already. Any advice on taking the plunge on replacing it with a HD sundowner, a mustang or have the stock re-worked by mean city cycles or other. Any advice or reccomendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ron

Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The happiest I've ever been with a seat is a stock HD seat (Street Glide, in my case) that I had modified by adding an inch of high-density closed-cell ("Corbin" style) foam under he stock foam. Much cheaper than a new seat also...

Old 08-28-2009, 11:55 PM
testifer
Road Master

sundowner on my last road king, and now my egc...cant beat it for the money

Old 08-29-2009, 12:52 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Get the real thing. Get a two tone Corbin.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:58 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i have an 08 streetglide, and the stock seat sux. a nut crusher if ever there was one. i got a take off seat from a fellow forum member from an 09 roadglide. far better, and doesn't look dorky like some other harley seats at all. even the stitching follows with the contours of the tank console, but the best feature is the comfort of the seat itself. if you ever plan on having a passenger, the streetglide seat is useless. the stock roadglide seats are from my experience, about the most comfortable seat harley puts on a bike. plus, i got mine for $125 shipped. and it's new. be forewarned though, if you're five feet nuthin' tall, forget the roadglide seat, as it does raise you about an inch and a half above the streetglide seat.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:26 AM
lbottini
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just ordered my third C&C seat; this one is a Fastback model for the Road Glide. Reasonable prices and great guys to do business with. http://www.ccseats.com/

Old 08-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Milwaukee 1
Cruiser

[quote=lbottini;5505183]I just ordered my third C&C seat; this one is a Fastback model for the Road Glide. Reasonable prices and great guys to do business with. http://www.ccseats.com/[/quote

Have you ever gotten the solo with a psgr pillion? I was wondering how comfortable it is compared to stock???

Old 08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

I would check out Corbin or C&C, they are about the best seats out there.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
roadking762
6th Gear

been very happy with hd sundowner

Old 08-29-2009, 05:53 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would give 'Mean City Cycles' my vote if you like the look of your seat. I sent my factory seat to them and did the $100 memory foam improvement. My comfort is greatly improved. Haven't been for any real long rides on it yet but an hour on the factory seat was enough for me. Went on a 3-4 hour ride last week and the same length coming home the next day and found it to be perfectly comfortable. Didn't feel like i'd been in the saddle at all when I made it home

Quick Reply: Seat decision.