Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 flht police

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 AM
skid jackson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 flht police

semi-local dealer has an 04 flht police with something like 4000+ miles. they want $14950. That seems kinda high to me. when the guy found out i was a cash buyer he seemed willing to dicker a bit. Don't know where the bike is from. kelly blue book trade in for an 03 flht police is $8200, Thats a hell of a mark up!! No data for 04's yet. haven't seen the bike yet. assuming it's in good shape, what do you think a good price for the 04 would be?? I'm in NH btw.

For all the talk about the bursting harley bubble i'm not finding much evidence of it when it comes to touring bikes in my neck of the woods. All the 06 flhts are over 16K and nobody seems to be giving away their used bikes either!! Anything 25k miles and under and in good shape still seems to demand good money

Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 AM
XRP
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: 04 flht police

Thats cause there worth it.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Cascade Craig
Advanced

That is not out of the ballpark as far as price goes. My local dealer here in Washington State had three 05's on the floor for 14950.00 and they sold in just a couple of days. People love those bikes becasue they can take them straight to the paint shop and do a custom job right away. The police bikes are leased out for something like 100.00 a month, but Harley makes the Departments stick to the maintanance and they will nickle and dime the Department for any wear and tear. I would say a fair deal on an 04 would be 13,500 or so. But thats around here.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:50 PM
carsoni
Tourer

I'd check with with FT. Lauderdale HD. They supply and service police bikes to the local department. i understand they get serviced every nonth whether they need it or not. I checked last summer, 05's were going for around 15,500, some with under 5k on them. Plus they will fly you down to sunny Fl to pick it up. Just a thought[8D]

Old 06-11-2006, 01:27 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The prices seem a little high to me...

Police Bikes take a beating...at the Cleveland PD motorcop academy they take a brand new bike from one of the students (from one of the suburbs) walk the bike out in front of the group then push it over on it's side. Once they have your attention they tell you that every bike in the class will be on it's side at least once during the two week course and this is how you pick them up. I've owned four of them (currently riding the fourth). Engine guard, saddlebag guards, floorboards, fenderskirts all generally require replacement if the bike has seen serious traffic duty. There are a few of those that only get used for parade duty, but they are a lot harder to find.

On the up side they generally receive all the required maintenance and are usually in pretty good running condition. The solo, air ride seat is probably the most comfortable seat Harley makes.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:44 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mr.claire

Agree

Old 06-11-2006, 01:50 AM
police stroker
Cruiser

Hey man down here in Dallas, Texas you can get a electra glide cop bike new not been in service for about 16,500. I think you should be able to get the one your looking at closer to about 12-12,500. The North Texas H.D. dealer is were I got the above price. Also my 98 was a sgt's bike and got ridden very little, and only had 8900 miles on it. I paid 12,000 with TT&L out the door. The next week I get a call and the Sgt who had the bike when it went out of service had a huge box of parts for me sitting at the dealer. When I showed up it had everything he took off or changed in the box. Hopefully you also can find a good deal.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:39 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: RDKingRider

ORIGINAL: mr.claire

Agree
mee too!!

Old 06-11-2006, 09:00 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

skid jackson,
where in NH are you buying this police bike? If it's seacoast HD
exercise some caution,have them pull all the service records,find out which Police deptment had the bike,if it was haverhill or lawrance mass "walk away" from that bike, they are know to be hammered hard from those departments.
My experience with SeaCoast HD............

I bought mine from them(seacoast HD),04' flhtpi 6250 miles, very clean,not all marked up
$14,950 with a detachable backrest installed,brand new two up tires front and rear,two up pillow touring seat. picked it up late sunday afternoon ,made it 32 miles down the road ,pulled into a gas station to top off the tank, walked around the bike ,proud as could be,bike would not re-start,or crank. I called the dealer from the side of the road,told them i had just picked it up about 30 minutes ago,it's dead on the side of the road, please send someone out to pick it up and bring it back to the dealer,there reply.......... sorry we close in about 20 minutes,you'll have to bring it in monday so we can look at it. My reply was"what" i just picked this bike up from your dealership,$15,000 cash ,and your going to leave me on the side of the road broken down??? there reply,were closing in 15 minutes,bring it in monday morning,click.... long story short....... I'd crap in my pants before i walked into seacoast HD to use their toilet. I had alot of problems with my EG police,all have been fixed by another dealer ,and i'm real happy with my ride. when i'm on the coast,I'm sure to drive by seacoast HD to give them the one finger salute ! they suck ... in my opinion

I'll say im sorry in advance to those seacoast HD die hards,I know there are a couple here on the forum

Old 06-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The price is definitely too high. MSRP for a 2006 FLHTPI is about $13,750--I know because I was thinking seriously of selling my 04 FLHTPI and ordering an 06 in Brilliant Silver. The MSRP number was given to me by the HD sales manager I was working with.

Also, I purchased my 04 FLHTPI in Feb. 2005 for $13,750 plus tax and doc fees. It had 4,700 miles on it, brand new HD tires and a 5K service.

Lastly, a friend just purchased an 04 FLHP (RK version) for $12K out the door from the Athens, GA HD delership.

Now, if the bike you are looking at has a lot of added extras, then maybe it is a reasonable deal. If you want an 05 FLHTPI, email me and you can get one here in Atlanta at Killer Creek HD for $14,995 list, and they will do better than that with a little negotiation.

Quick Reply: 04 flht police