Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

old mans bike??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:33 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

When choosing what our bikes, its all about what we want. Not what someone else thinks we should have..

If Ur so called friends are kidding U, that's one thing, but if they are serious, then U can find new friends or tell them to FO.

They make a lot of bikes that I don't like but I would not tell someone there ride put them in a category, might think it but wouldn't say it to them..

In the 70's and 80's I had 3 CB's750's, with windjammer and bagged out and 3 GW's (1200 was biggest one) between the age of 26-48 maybe I was an old geezer.

Now I know I am.

60 is awful close and WE love our Heritage,

If they quit making them, my next would be either a SG or RK....wife likes the windshield on ours and the rk better..

Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Be your own man. Ride your own ride.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:41 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm old
I ride a geezer glide
I like it
I'm too old to give a rats *** what other folks think

Old 08-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the Ultra is an "Old Mans" bike, not the SG but I dont care, when the others are tasting bugs and have sore arms from being beat to death in the wind, I'm nice and comfy listening to musice while cruising

Old 08-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my 09 Road Glide at age 35.

#1. I think some people are just jealous by nature.
#2. Most younger people can't afford a bike like yours.
#3. You have really given them something to be jealous of, good for you!

Old 08-28-2009, 04:42 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sbn
Im 32 and does not see myself as being that old. I have been told that the bike with the batwing faring and the bike color (red hot sunglo) is pure old guy motorcycle.

Have I bought myself a senior citizen bike????? Have others heard the same about their street glide or other touring bike?
My take on the old man bike scenario.....

Wisdom is generally associated with "advanced" age. Most people make the assumption that anyone wise enough to ride a Harley Davidson FLH must be at least 50 years old. You, obviously are way ahead of the wisdom curve riding a Street Glide at 32. I was 29 when I bought my first bagger. Two (you and I) individuals obviously wise beyond their years.

And secondly, red hot sunglo is one of the best colors Harley ever painted a bike. There are no old man colors. Just people jealous of a young guy riding such a hot bike.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:49 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
I think the Ultra is an "Old Mans" bike, not the SG but I dont care, when the others are tasting bugs and have sore arms from being beat to death in the wind, I'm nice and comfy listening to musice while cruising
There are "old men," there are "young men" and there are bikes. There is no such thing as an "old man's" or "young man's" bike. Just alot of people who unfortunately for them are not in a position to own one and feel compelled to demonstrate there frustration by labeling those of us that can.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 PM
knepp1bj
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope being 32 and riding a SG doesnt make you old cause i have a SG and i am 21....so what does that make me?!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:51 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking

I think that they got that rep because, generally speaking, by the time you've saved up enough money, or built up good enough credit, to buy one - you're old!

I know for certain that's the case with me!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:10 PM
ATC2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st I hope that you have recovered well from the accident.
Most people that go around criticizing others are compensating for their own personal insecurities and voids.
You bought this bike because you wanted it, so unless someone else payed for it they can't say sh...t.
And if you are riding all day while at work, the last thing you want is an uncomfortable bike for you days off. I think you made a great choice and I bet the people that criticize you don't have music on their bikes...ha ha.

Ride safe, ride long.

Quick Reply: old mans bike??