Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

old mans bike??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Old Man on a SG

Have I heard this before....Oh yea from my son when I wheeled in my 09 SG. He even left me a tube of preparation H on my seat!

I'm 49 years old and a well kept former Marine. I dont know what makes people relate the touring bikes to old men.

It's probably the fairing that triggers the thought because many touring riders are "older" than the young wipper snappers.

He know's though that this old man can still kick his 24 year old ***.....LOL

Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny, I'm now 37, and at 34 when I bought my bagger, I was told the same thing. Then Billy Lane and all the chopper guys started catching on to the bagger craze and now those who made fun of me are riding around on glides and asking me where I had this done and that done. Baggers are the new chopper man, look at the trade shows and custom motorcycle shows. Kinda good and Bad for us I guess. More parts and accessories, higher prices on em though I guess.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Triggerman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are just JEALOUS because after 100 miles they feel fatigued and your still feeling fine.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:23 AM
dogmeat
Intermediate

when I bought my 03 RG in 02 all my friends call me either old man are Gramps, now almost all my friends have RG or RK's.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59
Well, over here the punchline is California, but maybe you could use Vladivostok. Just ask them if they want to race you and your "old man's bike." When they laugh and say yes, just say okay, the first one to ____________ wins!
I actually ran with a sport bike up in Connecticut last summer. Tooling along at about 75 on Rt95. He kept blowing by me with his honey. Every 15 to 20 miles they were pulled over to readjust her thong and rub his arms and wrists. We saw them as we passed. This happened quite a few times over 3 hours. Funny thing was we were fine and already had over 300 miles on the day when we ran into them. My wife said that they sure looked comfortable...NOT!!.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 AM
IBHarley
Road Master

whatever your on if its what you want who cares what others say anyway there just jealous My wife calls me a Geezer now that I have an Ultra

Old 08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Swore i'd never buy a "geezer glide". Only now i've gotten old enough to i'm knocking on the "geezer" door. Now i got me one of them big ol bikes with the balloon tires and a big soft seat, with lots of storage space to keep depends, preparation H, muscle ointment, etc. Got me one of them nice radios too so i can listen to all that "good ole music" they don't play on the radio anymore. Don't let them fool you son, it is an old mans bike.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the SG is the intro bike for younger riders to get into the baggers. I am 36 and love the look of my SG

Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 AM
sbn
Cruiser

hehe thanks for all those comments Im still laughing. You all make good points. I love riding AND being comfatable at the same time. Love the storage space and the nice soundsystem. I dont care what other people think. I have just heard the comments a lot and wondered if it was the general opinion about SG's and other touring bikes.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

**** i'm only 20 and look what ride in my sig, and what do these people ride hondas?

Quick Reply: old mans bike??