Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6X8 speaker in a road glide fairing

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Grunt66
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6X8 speaker in a road glide fairing

I have searched the forum and I have not located any info on installing a 6X8 speaker in the RG fairing. I came across a web site (www.rideloud.com) and it shows a 6X8 speaker installed in the fairing. The web site has limited information on the speakers. They look like Infinity Kappa 682.9cf speakers. I already have the Hog Tune speakers and they were an improvement over the stock speakers but now I want to upgrade again.

Back in the 80's 6X9 speakers had better bass response compared to a 6.5 coaxial speaker. In my 2008 Toyota Tacoma I replaced the stock front speakers (6X9) with 6.5 component speakers. The sound quality improved but the stock 6X9 speaker produced more bass then the 6.5 driver. This is my reason for thinking about putting a 6X8 speaker in the RG fairing.

I am also considering the package that Firecap is offering with the 6.5 speakers.

Has anyone dealt with Ride Loud Audion Designs? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Francois
Advanced

I've never dealt with them. I like the idea of being able to install the larger speakers.

Looks like their only products are the speaker brackets at $105.00 and the speaker grills at $110.00.
The website has no information on the speakers. I don't think that they are offereing speakers. If you have any money left you'll have to buy the speakers elsewhere.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

J&Ms new 7.25" subs with grill mounted tweeter/midrange will be offered for the RoadGlide fairing starting around the middle of November ,,,, ((see Harley Classics page at www.jmcorp.com )) ,,,,,

our 7.25" speaker has comparable air volume movement to the old 6X9" car speaker ,,,,

Old 08-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Grunt66
Advanced

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
J&Ms new 7.25" subs with grill mounted tweeter/midrange will be offered for the RoadGlide fairing starting around the middle of November ,,,, ((see Harley Classics page at www.jmcorp.com )) ,,,,,

our 7.25" speaker has comparable air volume movement to the old 6X9" car speaker ,,,,
Thanks for the information. Looks like I will be waiting till November to upgrade.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
MAN1MAL
Stage III

If you guys want to ask me any questions that deal with www.rideloud.com, feel free to e-mail me at jstcyr@rideloud.com. I'd be happy to answer any and all questions that you might have.

The total price is $189.99. Not $225, as some of you might think. It comes with a pair of adapters and a pair of aluminum powder coated grills. The grills have a bigger opening to let the sound flow more freely.

I'm sorry to say that I am not carrying a speaker selection because that is just too much for me to deal with. I'm doing all of this by myself and with the large variety of choices out there for the 6x8, I don't want to neglect my shipping orders due to finding speakers. Plus, most customers have a preference on speakers and I'll leave that up to you to decide. But, if you want a link to go to, I am not affiliated with them at all, I'd be happy to direct you there. I deal with them myself when I buy speakers for custom installs on customers bikes.

Wow, stress really can get to a guy. Hey, I want to apologize to everyone that saw what I wrote. It was uncalled for and I'm truly sorry.

Again, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me an e-mail at jstcyr@rideloud.com

Last edited by MAN1MAL; 08-28-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Stress
Old 08-28-2009, 06:05 PM
SMOKEin
Tourer

1st post and your already pushing your product at the same time putting down a well known members product? LOL.. your actions prob just killed any chance of a sale coming from here.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by JMJOHN

that must be the price for just one speaker??

Old 08-29-2009, 10:25 AM
HJP
Cruiser

John, make sure you post something when your new speakers come out for the road glide.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ditto

Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM
MAN1MAL
Stage III
Default new pricing

Ride Loud has changed the price for the Grill/Bracket combo. The new price is $149.99, this includes the Aluminum Grills, Brackets and hardware.

Quick Reply: 6X8 speaker in a road glide fairing