Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really wanted to run solo mustang seat, fender scratched

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Really wanted to run solo mustang seat, fender scratched

That would definitely hide the scratches. I think I'll end up going that route then decide if I really want to spend the coin to repaint the rear fender..I'm sure I'll see a bunch of ideas later this week at Laconia so I'm holding off on buying anything just yet!

Thanks for the pics Primo, I think it looks good. There's no way to put it ontop of the bracket??

Old 06-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: turbo38sfi

Thanks for the pics Primo, I think it looks good. There's no way to put it ontop of the bracket??
No not without cutting the bib. There's only about a 1/4" from the edge of the seat to the underside where the bracket bolts to the seat. I could cut about 4-5 inches off of the bib to make this happen but then I'd have to make sure there was enough material to slide under the seat and be kept in place.

If and when I decide I like the look and know I won't return it I might get rid of the kids and all distractions and cut this to fit over the bracket.

Primo

Old 06-19-2006, 10:34 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

I ordered my Mustang solo seat today w/fender bib, backrest and rear seat pillion. Got it from West End motorsports. They had it in stock and are only in PA so I should have it at my door in NH in like a day or 2. Can't wait to get it and put it on.

Was up at Bikeweek in Laconia this week and saw a lot of solo setups and really love the look of it. Actually had an idea about the scratches on the rear fender..they had a vendor there doing custom stripes and airbrushing..maybe could get creative and cover up the scratches on the rear fender with some fancy art...who knows, maybe something will come to mind, but another option to think about.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:42 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

Got my packages in the mail Friday. Put the seat on yesterday and went for a ride once it stopped raining. Love the looks of the solo seat. The rear pillion attaches pretty easily too. Not sure how the fender bib is gonna hold up using the pillion on top of it though. Like others have said, it is pretty firm! It wasn't bad until after an hour. Then I started to get a little sore. I haven't given up on it yet though, I'm sure it will break in. As for the rear pillion, it uses a much softer foam. My wife said she could ride on it all day and be fine it was so comfy for her. That's a good thing. I'll have to snap some new pics. Got the backrest too. I really like that. They really could make it a little nicer if they added a slight contour to the resting pad. But overall a nice design. Slides in and out of the seat real easily, no tricky pins to release or anything. I'm happy with everything, it wasn't cheap by any means though. Now I just hope the rider seat works in a bit.