Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best exhast 2-1 ot true duel

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009 | 09:41 AM
mbcowles1
|
Stage I
Default Best exhast 2-1 ot true duel

I am looking for a exhast system for my 2009 street guild. I am torn between going for ture duel or 2-1. Any ideas oe input looking for best of both worlds low heat and preformance

thanks

Old 08-27-2009 | 10:11 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

My choice was true duels. I don't like the look of baggers with only 1 pipe. That's just my opinion. I have the V/H and the sound is great and it is less heat also.

Old 08-27-2009 | 10:39 AM
tencrore
Tourer

I was in your predicament in regards to my 2008 RK.

The first question you have to ask yourself is: Are you interested in performance or looks, or in my case, both.

I chose the D&D FatCat's 2-1 because I honestly did like the look of the single pipe and I do believe there was a performance increase with the FatCat along with the Stage 1 A/C and the PCV. There are many who don't like the look of the single pipe and many who do.

If I were to have gone dual pipe, I would have chosen either the V&H or the Rinehart.

In the end, you have to decide on the Look:Performance decision.

Just my humble opinion! Good Luck.

Old 08-27-2009 | 10:50 AM
suey
Cruiser

the klock werks 2 into 1 had some serious power gains... but im havin issues with the cone yellowing from their old supplier, i dont know if they have sets from their new supplier yet

Old 08-27-2009 | 02:25 PM
EZ48
Extreme HDF Member

I've been running Rinehart True Duals for the past year. I'm going with a Supertrapp 2:1 system, less noise and better performance. True duals are pretty much for looks only. My .02 cents.

Old 08-27-2009 | 02:31 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior

2-1 D&D Fat cat is the best. If you like tru-duals make sure you get a system that has stepped headers or it will rob your power

Old 08-27-2009 | 03:09 PM
Taylorized
Road Master

Bub 7 True Duals IMO. 2-1 is better for prformance but just can't get past the look of the 2-1. Your bike buy what makes you happy

Old 08-27-2009 | 03:49 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I like the dual look and didn't think I would like the 2-1 exhaust until I installed the Bassani Road Rage 2-1 exhaust on my '09 Street Glide.

It looks awesome and gave me a good amount of torque when I had the bike dyno tuned. It gave me awesome sound, power gains and also gave the bike a nice aggressive look.

I never thought I would like the 2-1 look until I saw all the benefits of it after I installed it.

For 2010, HD went with a factory 2-1 exhaust on the Street Glide, and I am sure they did it to save money and go for a bit more power.

Shawn

Old 08-27-2009 | 03:55 PM
Chumplestilskin
Tourer

I have Rinehart TD's. Way loud...which I like in town but hate on the long stretch of highway. The best thing about true duals in my opinion is that I do not experience the heat everyone bitches about from the pipes frying them. I also think they look cooler personally but like others have said, that's just in the eye of the beholder.

Old 08-27-2009 | 04:19 PM
ryanl
Tourer

Originally Posted by Chumplestilskin
I have Rinehart TD's. Way loud...which I like in town but hate on the long stretch of highway. The best thing about true duals in my opinion is that I do not experience the heat everyone bitches about from the pipes frying them. I also think they look cooler personally but like others have said, that's just in the eye of the beholder.

FWIW, im running a black d&d fatcat. I dont notice anymore heat then what was there before when I had the factory headpipes and rush slip ons. DEFINATELY more noise though, especially at WOT. I like the looks, I like the sound. I have always like true duals, but I kind of just jumped out and bought the FC when I did my motor build. I am satisfied though, if I changed exhausts it would be for another 2-1.

Quick Reply: Best exhast 2-1 ot true duel