Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Mounted Mirrors Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: Fairing Mounted Mirrors Yes or No?

I bit the bullet about a month or two ago and installed them (that was loads of fun, my old 7.2v drill wasn't strong enough to punch through! Gave me an excuse to go to Home Depot and buy a nice one!) I was nervous about drilling holes in my fairing, but the layouts that came with the mirrors (to provide proper positioning of the holes) fit perfectly, and it turned out pretty good. I can actually see a little better from the stock ones!

Old 06-09-2006, 06:28 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U G L Y !!!!! IN a word.[sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 06-09-2006, 10:41 AM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine

Old 06-09-2006, 11:43 AM
nh_glide
Novice

ORIGINAL: SMenasco

I installed a pair of the very small "fisheyes" on my mirrors. It really eliminated all the blind spots and doesn't take away from the standard mirror observation.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/69468985D8DC46D795709693139C3135.jpg[/IMG]

That's the way I'm gonna go as well - have the small fisheyes on all my vehicles and they work great.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

A huge yes from me - Couple of tips though - I drilled my fairing in three stages starting with a small bit then medium and then the correct size - Make sure you have exact size bit noted in the instructions - Also do not tighten the nylon bolts too tight or you can make the mirrors vibrate - I love the fairing mirrors and it did not take me any time to get used to them and I feel you can see much more then the stems - Plus you get to use the holes left from the stems mirrors for other applications if ya like - I used my left side for my Sirius radio and love it

Old 06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
uthdbagr
6th Gear

Just installed a set on my Classic. I love the cleaner look.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Big Daddy K
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rideon

I just installed some on my ultra two days ago. I think they give you alot better side vision, although I seem to look at about three knuckles on each hand. I followed the template exactly but I wish I had moved them up and out a bit farther. I didn't really second guess the template at the time because I figured the Moco in their infinite wisdom would have the mirrors in the perfect spot. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on the perfect location, but otherwise they work pretty good and look very cool.
I love the look and have gotten use to them & can see good side vision. I agree with moving them up and out just a bit. I had to lower my brake & cluth levers cuz my fingers were hitting mirrors, although moving the controls feels better...more natural hand position with more comfort on wrists. My template had the two holes to drill, one for the stud & one the pin. If I could do it all over, I would use the template and move it out one hole position & up a bit.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just bought an Ultra that has them on it. As far as the LOOKS, I luv it. No big mirrors sticking up on a stem. NOW...as far as what you can see? Seems to me, that you can see VERY well to the sides, but if somebody is behind me? Don't see em at all, unless they are off set to one side or another. I have learned what the back of my knuckles look like tho.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:38 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cleaner Look 4-Sure!!!!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Gunkholes
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed the same thing when I rented a SG for a couple of days before I finally settled on the EGC -- I saw lots more of my knuckles than I ever did on my Road King! Looked pretty sleek, though.

Quick Reply: Fairing Mounted Mirrors Yes or No?