Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Quick Release on an Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:52 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour Pack Quick Release on an Ultra

I'm looking at what it would take to mount a pizza box (tour pack) quick release kit on my 09 Ultra. As I understand it, the tour pack quick release kit will work...I just need a solution for speakers/intercom/lights. Does anyone know if there is an after market wiring harness available...or will I have to do the custom fab thing? Thanks
-clutch-

Old 08-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

If you go to HD's website's "Genuine motor accessories" and check the "new products" and/or Touring parts you will find what you need. No need to fab anything. Now, if your bike was an older model, that would present challenges.

I'd post the links to the pages but it's late and, besides, while your cruising the HD website you'll find more stuff you "need" for your bike.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
skyking
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need to buy anything other than the kit. All of the wiring for the intercom, speakers, tourpack lights and antennas easily and quickly detaches from inside of the tourpack. Roll up the wires and place them under the seat until you re-install the tourpack.

Rick

Old 08-27-2009, 08:16 AM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
If you go to HD's website's "Genuine motor accessories" and check the "new products" and/or Touring parts you will find what you need. No need to fab anything. Now, if your bike was an older model, that would present challenges.

I'd post the links to the pages but it's late and, besides, while your cruising the HD website you'll find more stuff you "need" for your bike.
This kinda pi$$e$ me off at the "stealership". When I bought the bike about a month ago I had 4k built into the loan for add ons. A friend of mine told me about the kit & harness. My friend was a little more insistent than me (he was with me when I bought my bike) and even asked the guy at the parts counter...who replied that the salesman was correct & claimed it was only possible with a classic...not an ultra.
Anyway, do you know I need a different seat to do this? Thanks again man
-clutch-

Old 08-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchglass
This kinda pi$$e$ me off at the "stealership". When I bought the bike about a month ago I had 4k built into the loan for add ons. A friend of mine told me about the kit & harness. My friend was a little more insistent than me (he was with me when I bought my bike) and even asked the guy at the parts counter...who replied that the salesman was correct & claimed it was only possible with a classic...not an ultra.
Anyway, do you know I need a different seat to do this? Thanks again man
-clutch-

If you look in the 2010 parts and accessories catalog the Ultra Limited in the front of the touring section has a detach kit installed.........sounds like you delt with some dandys.........$549 I believe......

Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're not worried about the CB then you can just unhook the antena's and speakers wires ( just pull wire out fr speaker and there is a connection) and tuck the wires under the seat. The radio does pick up quite a few local stations just with the antena wire. I got a hidden antena fr Checker $17.95 and a y antena splitter so both antena's can be hooked up when the tour pak is on. With this method you can get just the docking hardware and rack and save yourself some money, we used the classic stuff on an 05 and the only thing that was in the way was the passenger hand rail which now they don't put on.