Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fog lights for street glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 AM
wireman2511
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog lights for street glide

looking for advice on what type of fog lights for street glide to use,thanx in advance

Old 06-08-2006, 09:05 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fog lights for street glide

I have the HD Fog Lamps, used them instead of Spot Lamps because I like the naked fairing. I get good side to side beam spread from them, significantly better road illumination than the headlamp alone, and they're cheaper than the spots. Don't know that they'd be much use as true "fog" lamps, though. Halogen bulbs...seems like you're still going to white-out with them...

Anyroad, find them here: LAMPS

The kit comes with a handlebar mounted switch, which I found kinda lame, so I picked up the rocker switch for the spot lamps on an Ultra and rewired it. And while mine are powdercoated black, they're originally chrome.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:27 AM
SGMike
Novice

Hey, nice Street Glide! I plan on putting those same lights on my X, good to see them installed. I need extra light to spot bambi before he crosses my path ( upstate NY ). What kind of wind deflectors are those? They look adjustable. I have factory ones.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I have the HD fog lamps on my 04 EG and they work great; get lots of attention from motorists and good wide illumination for me.

Cosmeticlly, spend the extra bucks, it won't exceed $100, to have the wires run inside the engine guard from the lamps to the center of the engine guard under the frame tube. It makes for a much neater installation; like running wires inside the handlebars.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SGMike

Hey, nice Street Glide! I plan on putting those same lights on my X, good to see them installed. I need extra light to spot bambi before he crosses my path ( upstate NY ). What kind of wind deflectors are those? They look adjustable. I have factory ones.
Thanks! The fog lamps are better than the spots in my opinion (I've got spots on my Sporty) as far as lateral lighting is concerned. I'm getting fantastic light well past the shoulder of the road, and with the horizontal shape you don't get as much light into the face of oncoming traffic. Running through some wooded areas, I was lighting the shoulder, the grass verge and the woodline...bambi doesn't get to sneak up on me!

As to the wind deflectors, those are Freedom Wings, and they are adjustable. Push 'em all the way out for full deflection, or rotate them in and it'll blow a breeze across your face...great for the hot days. Find 'em HERE

And I second the internal wiring notion. The way the clamps on the lamps are set up, the wiring runs up into the engine guard and is covered completely by the clamp. Very clean.

(And, no, I haven't run my internal yet, I set the lamps up on my riding vacation and didn't want to take the time to drill the bar...but it's on the list)

Old 06-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Pat
Road Master

Hey, nice Street Glide!
I agree. I really like how you've gone to 'Black', slowly going the same way with my 'sloptail'.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:02 PM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Pat

Hey, nice Street Glide!
I agree. I really like how you've gone to 'Black', slowly going the same way with my 'sloptail'.
Thanks, again. I've taken note of your bike before, and I like where you're going with it. I was a little apprehensive at first, had all this stuff pulled off to get it coated...and wasn't sure if I was crazy or not! But I've really liked the way it came out. I'm looking for a bit of a triad: Black Pearl, Black, and a touch of chrome in a few places as accent. Now that the first part is done, I'm coming up with a few more pieces I'd like to black out. My powdercoater is going to love me.

If anybody's interested, you can see more pictures HERE.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic...