Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:59 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my scoot!:

Old 08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll try and snap a pic of mine in the morning and add it to this post. It's even the correct color.

Attached Thumbnails Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em-cprhdprlinner.jpg  

Last edited by vzts4q; 08-27-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a couple of mine

Attached Thumbnails Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em-chili-run-4-292.jpg   Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em-chili-run-4-286.jpg  
Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
flhtcu09
6th Gear
Default Here's mine.

Here's mine.

Attached Thumbnails Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em-img_1280.jpg   Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em-img_1281.jpg   Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em-img_1282.jpg  
Old 08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

MAN, I have Silver paint envy. Especially after I saw one with the inner fairing painted.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FFeric
There was a post called something like inner fairing showdown. There were many pics there.
And here it is:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-showdown.html

This is mine (candy apple/pearl red) with the Hog Tunes pod and painted SG mirrors:

http://

It seems some get the inner fairing and fairing cap painted, but omit/forget to have the idiot light bezel painted also and cover the unpainted bezel with chrome.

Good luck with your project.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

WOW! Harleypingman--Need sunglasses! NICE! By the way I'm having my inner replaced under warranty because it started to fade along the top edge above the speakers. not bad yet, but I have seen quite a few bikes in the 3-5 yr old range that are REALLY faded. Thought I better head off the problem before warranty ran out. Dealer looked at it and said immediatly that he would get me one ordered. Didn't give me any BS at all.
I priced the HD Color matched inner at $530.00.
I have a local body shop that will paint my inner for $150.00. Only thing is that he's shooting single stage (color/clear) instead of a true 3 stage pearl. He guaranteed it will match though. For the price difference, I can live with that. Especially when Warranty is paying all the labor.
Thanks for all the pics guys they look great! still hoping to see one in my color (Copperhead Pearl)

Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ezryder62881
WOW! Harleypingman--Need sunglasses! NICE! By the way I'm having my inner replaced under warranty because it started to fade along the top edge above the speakers. not bad yet, but I have seen quite a few bikes in the 3-5 yr old range that are REALLY faded. Thought I better head off the problem before warranty ran out. Dealer looked at it and said immediatly that he would get me one ordered. Didn't give me any BS at all.
I priced the HD Color matched inner at $530.00.
I have a local body shop that will paint my inner for $150.00. Only thing is that he's shooting single stage (color/clear) instead of a true 3 stage pearl. He guaranteed it will match though. For the price difference, I can live with that. Especially when Warranty is paying all the labor.
Thanks for all the pics guys they look great! still hoping to see one in my color (Copperhead Pearl)
C'mon man; all these guys (me included) post pics and you don't?--that's not right. So put a couple of pics up of your bike. Frankly, I'm curious to see the colors since I don't recall seeing one like it, and I get to see a lot of new bikes since my local dealer moves a lot of new bikes, and always gets plenty of CVO and custom color bikes.

Incidentally, if your painter has the PPG computer software he can look-up the mixing formula for the color(s) you need; or a local PPG distributor can do the same, mix the paint for you, and let your painter shoot the tri-stage paint. Frankly, when I did my paint project recently, I got to spend a fair amount of time with my local PPG distributor and had him copy several of the sunglo formulae and they include a tinted top coat that includes a pearl solid PPG calls "emberglo." I used that top coat over my HOK candy apple red. Don't see how your painter will replicate the emberglo pearl as a base coat, so take plenty of good pics when you have it done.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:28 PM
SecondChance!!
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine painted, but am unable to post the pics. I do not have or use phtobucket. How do I use this? Thanks.

Never mind. The fat kid just fingered it out!!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance!!; 08-27-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:39 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

OK, here goes....

Quick Reply: Color matched inner fairing--pics lets see 'em