Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub 7 "Stealth" Review on RG w/true duals

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Joshman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bub 7 "Stealth" Review on RG w/true duals

I just got my new Bub 7 stealth slip-ons for my road glide. I was looking for something quieter than the supertrapp SE's that I currently have but not as quiet as these are. Long story short I had a set of the Screaming Eagle street performance slip-ons and they were bone stock quiet. These bubs are a hair louder than the Street performance HD mufflers and I figured that since every other muffler I have heard on a stock bike is louder on mine being that I have true duals and a healthy set of cams the stealths would be louder on mine than the sound clip on-line. They are pretty good sounding just not quite as loud as I wanted them to be. The bub tech said they would be louder than stock and deeper. I agree on the deep sound but not much louder, I am sure they would break in and open up a little but I am going to try some monster ovals I think. Long story short I have a set of the bub 7 stealths gone up in the classifieds. They were $559 direct from bub and I honeslty had them on for 5 minutes and never even clamped the front just hung them at the back and zipped around the block. Check the classifieds for more info I will be giving a fair deal for "new" condition. Thanks

Old 08-27-2009, 03:53 AM
harleygeezer
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might be disappointed with the monster ovals also. I have a set on my 09 Ultra Classic and while they have a good deep tone, they aren't very loud. In fact, I wouldn't mind something a little louder.