Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road America / Flat tire / Sunday 1330 hours highway 1 CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:46 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Road America / Flat tire / Sunday 1330 hours highway 1 CA

Not as lame as the dude that took my helpful input and called AAA trying to get my coverage busted!
ORIGINAL: Carmell RKC

Feel lame asking this but what is Road America and where can I sign up ? I realize with the laced wheels it is a futile attempt to repair so better to be pro-active.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:49 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

http://road-america.com/ca/hd/hog_ap...pany_code=520#

Road America

As far a AAA - keep in mind - it seems coverage maybe different in various parts of the US - All I am saying is - it appears that the RV/MC roadside assistance with OUT insurance is Not available in Northern Ca....

Just like the Motel coverage was not for CA people until just recently with Road America... I just found that out yesterday... very nice feature...

Old 06-08-2006, 12:51 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Please explain to me how I tried to get you busted....

ORIGINAL: zubaugh

Not as lame as the dude that took my helpful input and called AAA trying to get my coverage busted!
ORIGINAL: Carmell RKC

Feel lame asking this but what is Road America and where can I sign up ? I realize with the laced wheels it is a futile attempt to repair so better to be pro-active.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:04 AM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,819 Likes on 1,277 Posts

I work for AAA.
AAA is made up of seperate clubs accross the USA, under the guideance of AAA National in Heathrow Florida.
Some states do vary with coverage accross the USA. Check with your local club for coverage. Here in Minnesota motorcycles are covered under the RV plan for an additional $30.00 over the Plus plan. This allows you 4 tows, up to 100 miles each tow, per year. Some clubs are offering a Premier coverage allowing a 200 mile tow once a year. You also get trip interuption covering a hotel if you are a specified distance from home. Again check with your home state club for their are some differences. If your home state plan gives you a certain coverage it is honored nationwide at the other clubs.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:44 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Bryan TTM mentioned above, if you have a RADIAL Tire, a plug kit would work.
I use Ride On Tire sealant for mytorcycles http://www.ride-on.com/ and, in addition to that,
I carry Rope plugs, rubber cement and an air compressor ($10.00 Wal Mart Special) in the saddlebags for these things.
Have you ever considered something like that? I've repaired my tire (once, about 6 yrs ago) in less than
45 minutes and was on my way, although not at 75-80 mph anymore (kept it under 60)

Also, at least for ME, Progressive insurance gives motorcycle towing with their policy, to the NEAREST qualified dealer.
No Extra Charge.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:38 AM
MOking
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did someone try to bust you and how did you find out?

Old 06-08-2006, 11:08 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: MOking

How did someone try to bust you and how did you find out?

zubaugh misunderstood my questions, we have talked and it was all straightened out.. I ask a question in a PM and he got nervous... No bad meant and like I said, we have talked and all was straightened out...

Old 06-08-2006, 11:26 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: The HalfBreed

Like Bryan TTM mentioned above, if you have a RADIAL Tire, a plug kit would work.
I use Ride On Tire sealant for mytorcycles http://www.ride-on.com/ and, in addition to that,
I carry Rope plugs, rubber cement and an air compressor ($10.00 Wal Mart Special) in the saddlebags for these things.
Have you ever considered something like that? I've repaired my tire (once, about 6 yrs ago) in less than
45 minutes and was on my way, although not at 75-80 mph anymore (kept it under 60)

Also, at least for ME, Progressive insurance gives motorcycle towing with their policy, to the NEAREST qualified dealer.
No Extra Charge.

Thanks,,, checked out the site http://www.ride-on.com/prod_mot.asp pretty impressive.... just might give this a try... Of course this has been my first flat in 10 years and my third Harley... so, if I go another 10 years, I am in good shape... I see you ride a Goldwing.... so I won't even try and compare my miles on the road to yours... I used to think I rode a lot until I started talking to Winger's = You guys know how to stack up the miles.. I did rent a 02 GW in Amsterdam in 02, super nice ride,,, just could not get used to how quiet it was.. but is was a Smoooooth ride and lots of power

anyone else out there actually tried/used the Ride-on??? might do a post on that