Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's your 09 Fuel Guage

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:52 AM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Guage is pretty accurate on my 09 Ultra. I double check it with the remaining miles as a back up.

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:05 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

My 09 Street Glide is almost perfect. Light comes on when I have 1 gallon left to go and the guage is near empty. It is like a precision clock compared to my 2000 deuce fuel gauge.

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:32 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gliden
09 Glide....I have to say it's dead on ***** accurate.
When I'm on empty or very slightly above, the light comes on. When I fill up I take 5 gallons out of 6.

Works good for me....
+1

Mine has been very consistent about this. I've also learned from experience that I can guesstimate what kind of economy I'm getting on a given tank by noting how far I've gone before the needle comes off the full peg and how far I've gone when the needle is straight up and down at half tank.

"Accurate fuel gauge" is pretty much an oxymoron most of the time. What's more important in my book is that it be consistent in what it does. As long as it's doing that, we can come to know how the bike is doing. Don't rely on the fuel gauge or the trip meter by themselves. It's comparing the two against each other that will really let you know what's going on.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:39 AM
audettd
Tourer

If you notice there's plenty of room for the needle to pass the "E"..just like there's room for the needle to pass the "F"....and what's with the dots??? Its the most confusing gauge I've ever seen. I think its a joke myself....wait for the light and go from there. Only thing that stupid gague is good for is letting me know gas is going to be needed eventually..so on long trips plan accordingly.

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:44 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

Never use it. Always levave the display on range.

Old 08-26-2009 | 10:18 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member

Never trust a redheaded stripper or a Harley fuel gauge.

Old 08-26-2009 | 10:25 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by audettd
Only thing that stupid gague is good for is letting me know gas is going to be needed eventually..so on long trips plan accordingly.
And this is different from most other fuel gauges, How??

I do agree with you that the display incrementation on Harley gauges, especially the smaller one's, could be alot better!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 08-26-2009 | 10:36 AM
drod
Tourer

My gauge is accurate, but the light doesn't come on at 1 gallon remaining. I can pump 5.5 gallons without the light coming on.

Old 08-26-2009 | 10:54 AM
UltraTheo
Road Master

My '09 seems pretty accurate. Light on with about 1 gallon left. Other bikes have all been different. Some take forever to get 1/2 empty and then drop like a rock while others work just the opposite. Just get to know your bike and gauge and then quit worrying about it. Ride safe.

Old 08-26-2009 | 10:56 AM
Hawnted
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Gliden
09 Glide....I have to say it's dead on ***** accurate.
When I'm on empty or very slightly above, the light comes on. When I fill up I take 5 gallons out of 6.

Works good for me....
Same here. Half tank I get 3 gallons in...On E I get 5.5 gallons in. The light for me comes on all the time at 50 miles to empty on the digital readout.

Quick Reply: How's your 09 Fuel Guage