Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Custom - farings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:10 AM
'04 RK Custom
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Custom - farings?

Has anyone found a great aftermarket faring for a RK Custom? Looking for function and tunes. Any websites/companies recommended? thx

Old 08-25-2009, 06:36 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

www.wideopencustom.com is the lowest priced fairings that I have found. A buddy ordered one and the install was very easy. They will have to be painted though.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 AM
1mrbill
Cruiser

I've got a Dragonfly on my '04 RK Custom. Paint matches perfectly. Vivid black . Really like it.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Quadzilla" by Hoppe. I see in J&P they got product of the year. Found a guy on Long Island who sold it for around $300 under msrp.

Don

Old 08-26-2009, 07:44 AM
'04 RK Custom
Stage IV

thank you for the responses. Anyone have any thoughts around Dead Center Cycles. I heard good things about them too.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain

My vote would go to the Dead Center Cycle fairing. I have setup / painted / installed a total of 5 including my own and for some fellow riders. All having tunes and gauges.

The latest one I did was the replacement one for my bike after the accident and I can definitely tell they have made quite a few "upgrades" from when I bought my first one back in '05.

One of the guys in our riding group has a RK Custom and will be getting it set up with a fairing this winter.

Brian

Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

i have a custom. i got my fairing set up from firecap501 here on this forum. mine was a kevin evans model. one thing i can recommend is to look closely at the fairing from the inside (drivers cockpit). some of them are open in the area around the handlebar riser cover, while others are solid there. i prefer the closed solid type, looks more oem (imo).

most of them, you will have to remove the flyscreen and replace it with the stock road king handlebar cover. that is relatively cheap and easy enough to do. plus it will look better to not have that with the fairing. however, i did come across 1 or 2 in my search that will work with the flyscreen as is.

just depends on how you want it to look. do you want it to look like an add on fairing, or do you want it to look 'factory'?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
JHeiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Quadzilla from Hoppe Industries on my 2007 RK. I love mine and would highly recommend one of this brand,

http://www.hoppeindustries.com

Old 08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I havn't seen any fairings with stereo that you don't have to remove your chrome fly shield, and that's like taking the hood ornament off your Buick.
I'm getting a Woody's fairing with non of that stereo stuff and I will use a IPOD if I have to have tunes.
I had a fairing with the stereo on mine and I didn't like it as you can't just R&R the fairing anytime you want because of the chrome fly shield.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:20 AM
'04 RK Custom
Stage IV

Thanks again for all the gret feedback and recommendations. It is hard to do this shopping all on line as you can imagine.

Quick Reply: Road King Custom - farings?