Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 PM
topdog1958
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&M Speakers

Has anyone heard the new 7 plus inch speakers. I knew John was going to set some guys up with a set. Just wondering how they sound....

Old 08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I read they'll be ready the end of the month.

With the new technology they should be awesome. If anyone is on the fence of getting speakers it would probably be a god idea to wait until John releases these bad boys.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Yep ,,,,,,

about 10 more days they will start being released ,,, and without bragging, they are very cool, THE best sounding speakers J&M has ever offered for the Harley fairings ,,,

JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,,

Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Counting the days until these are released...Getting tired of counting. C'mon already!

Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

JMJohn: Been real curious about something. You advertise these on your site like this

Blow away those overly-heavy, inefficient bracket-breakin 6.5's your friends are braggin about

So if the 6.5 supposedly break brackets wouldn't these be worse because I am sure they are heavier. Also the opening for the stock speaker is made for a 5.25. These have quite a bit larger cone area. Wouldn't the mounting bracket or whatever you use and the smaller diameter stock hole disrupt the sound waves.

Not trying to bust on your speakers. In fact I am very interested in these. Just curious.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
So if the 6.5 supposedly break brackets wouldn't these be worse because I am sure they are heavier.
Remember when the special Nirodium Magnet on there other speakers that was a lot smaller than the other aftermarkets?

Maybe he is using those?

Last edited by 1flhtk4me; 08-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:55 AM
xmeter
Tourer

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Yep ,,,,,,

about 10 more days they will start being released ,,, and without bragging, they are very cool, THE best sounding speakers J&M has ever offered for the Harley fairings ,,,

JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,,
10 more days? Did they push back the release date? I thought they were coming out the end of this month? You are killing me John....

Old 08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

JMJohn: Been real curious about something. You advertise these on your site like this

Blow away those overly-heavy, inefficient bracket-breakin 6.5's your friends are braggin about

So if the 6.5 supposedly break brackets wouldn't these be worse because I am sure they are heavier. Also the opening for the stock speaker is made for a 5.25. These have quite a bit larger cone area. Wouldn't the mounting bracket or whatever you use and the smaller diameter stock hole disrupt the sound waves.

Not trying to bust on your speakers. In fact I am very interested in these. Just curious.

No response to this JMJOHN????

Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
beracing
Cruiser

I too am curious! Awaiting his response, as I want to change out my speakers. Was leaning toward Hog Tunes, but maybe he will change my mind.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:37 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Guys ,,,,,

believe me ,,,, I am just as anxious as YOU all are ,,,,,

New J&M 7.25” speakers will be here middle of this coming week, then we will package the first 200 sets, send a few to the testers and ship the rest of them to the folks with back-orders ,,,,

then the following week, we can package about 200 more sets and so on, till we get caught up and fill the pipeline ,,,, then we can start packaging and shipping the 8-ohm versions for the 1998-2005 Harley systems ,,,,,

as for the weight of these new 7.25" speakers, they are not much heavier than the stock speakers, as we have used a fairly high-tech Neodymium dual-donut magnet structure ,,,,

we are showing them this weekend at Hacianda HD in Scottsdale AZ ,,, and in fact, Hacienda Harley is giving a set of the new J&M 7.25" speakers away for free, with every new 2010 Ultra or StreetGlide they sell this weekend ,,,,,

Quick Reply: J&M Speakers